Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY) राष्ट्रीय कृषि विकास योजना (रफ़्तार) – Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana was launched in 2007 that aims to provide and ensure the holistic development of agriculture and allied sectors.
- Indian states have been permitted to choose their agriculture and allied sector development activities under Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana.
- The development activities must be based on district and state agriculture plans.
- 100% of funding is provided by the Central government and the initiative was initiated as additional Central assistance to the state plan scheme.
- RKVY scheme incentivizes States to increase public investment in Agriculture & allied sectors. Under RKVY, States have been provided flexibility and autonomy for selection, planning approval and execution of projects/programs under the scheme as per their need, priorities and agro-climate requirements.
- The Cabinet approved continuing the ongoing Centrally Sponsored Scheme (State Plans) – Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY) as Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana- Remunerative Approaches for Agriculture and Allied Sector Rejuvenation (RKVY-RAFTAAR) for three years i.e. 2017-18 to 2019-20.
- The Cabinet also allocated Rs. 15,722 crores that aim to make farming a remunerative economic activity through strengthening the farmer’s effort, risk mitigation and promoting agri-business entrepreneurship.
Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana: objectives
- It encourages each state government to enhance its public investment in agriculture and related services.
- It incentivizes States to increase public investment in Agriculture & allied sectors.
- It aims to focus attention on increasing production and productivity in the State.
- the returns to the farmers in the agricultural and related industries are optimized.
Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana: Sectors
- Crop Cultivation and Horticulture
- Animal Husbandry and Fisheries
- Plantation and Agricultural Marketing
- Food storage and warehousing
- Sohail and water conservation
- Dairy Development, Agriculture Research, and Education.
- Forestry and Wildlife
- Agriculture financial institutions, other agricultural programs, and cooperations.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App