How to use a pulse oximeter to monitor oxygen saturation
The COVID-19 Cases are hitting a new peak every day in India and during the pandemic, doctors are advising their patients to take measures so that oxygen saturation could be maintained before visiting the hospital. If patients follow this medical advice they could be cured.
What is a pulse oximeter:
The pulse oximeter is used to check oxygen saturation and can be used by COVID-19 patients to check oxygen levels. but, patients should come to know how to use the pulse oximeter in a correct way.
Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan shares how to use oximeter.
- Patients should rest for 10-15 mins before taking measurements
- Rest a hand on the chest and hold still
- Place the oximeter on the middle or index finger
- Keep it in the same place till the reading is stable
- Register the highest result once the reading has been stabilised
- Identify the reading carefully
- Start recording from the baseline and record thrice a day unless you notice any changes in your health
- Consult a medical professional in case of breathlessness or dip in oxygen levels to 93 per cent or less.
Note: This article aims to spread information among people regarding pulse oximeter usage. so that, people can save their lives. Share this article with your friends and family members.
Readers can read the full article from IndianExpress that has shared ideas with experts to protect from the deadly virus.