First Plasma Bank for COVID-19 Treatment
- The Delhi state Chief Minister Shri Arvind Kejriwal Ji started off the first-ever Plasma Bank in India, Plasma Bank will help for treatment of the patients tested positive for COVID-19.
- The Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences(ILBS) is going to provide the plasma bank facility in all government and private hospitals.
- Also, this facility will create a connection between donors and recipients later they can come ahead to help.
- The plasma bank commences its operation on 2nd July 2020.
- Plasma therapy is most of use in treatment for COVID-19 patients.
- The state govt already taken the clinical trials on over COVID_19 29 patients. plasma therapy has given a positive result yet.
- During a treatment, transfusion of plasma is included from a convalescent patients.
- The first clinical trial for Plasma therapy was begun in Delhi in April month 2020.
About Delhi –
Lt. Governor – Anil Baijal
Chief Minister – Arvind Kejriwal (AAP)
Deputy Chief Minister – Manish Sisodia (AAP)
Chief Secretary – Vijay Kumar Dev
Formation of Union Territory – 1956
State Animal – Nilgai
State Bird – House sparrow
State Flower – Alfalfa