First Plasma Bank for COVID-19 Treatment
- The Delhi state Chief Minister Shri Arvind Kejriwal ji started off the first ever Plasma Bank in india, Plasma Bank will help for treatment of the patients tested positive for COVID-19.
- The Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences(ILBS) is going to provide the plasma bank facility in all government and private hospitals.
- Also, this facility will create a connection between donors and recipients later they can come ahead to help.
- The plasma bank commences its operation on 2nd July 2020.
- Plasma therapy is most of use in treatment for COVID-19 patients.
- The state govt already taken the clinical trials on over COVID_19 29 patients. plasma therapy has given a positive result yet.
- During a treatment, transfusion of plasma is included from a convalescent patients.
- The first clinical trial for Plasma therapy was begun in Delhi in April month 2020.
About Delhi –
Lt. Governor – Anil Baijal
Chief Minister – Arvind Kejriwal (AAP)
Deputy Chief Minister – Manish Sisodia (AAP)
Chief Secretary – Vijay Kumar Dev
Formation of Union Territory – 1956
State Animal – Nilgai
State Bird – House sparrow
State Flower – Alfalfa