- The Chief Minister of Maharashtra state Shri Uddhav Thackeray ji started off largest convalescent plasma therapy-cum-trial project of the world named as Platina. Platina will be used in treatment of COVID-19 patients. The Chief Minister announced about it through video conference at Nagpur’s government medical college.
- This therapy is going to benefit 500 lives who are critically suffering with COVID-19 in the state. also, CM announced 16.65 crore rupee amount for this project from the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund. apart from this, he also begins 4 other services they are : plasma donation, plasma bank, plasma trial, and emergency authorisation included.
- 17 medical colleges, The plasma therapy trial- treatment will be held free of cost.
- The critical COVID-19 patients will be given two doses of 200 ml convalescent plasma.
- This therapy may also help in building infrastructure of plasmapheresis in all medical colleges across the various districts in Maharashtra state.
- There is a plan to isolate MONOCLONAL antibodies developed against Corona virus from plasma.
Convalescent plasma therapy
- In Convalescent plasma therapy, plasma is taken from recovered COVID-19 people’s blood and that is injected into patients who are being under treatment.
About Maharashtra –
Capital – Mumbai
Governor – Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Formation – 1 May 1960 (Maharashtra Day)
Chief Minister – Uddhav Thackeray (SS)
Deputy Chief Minister – Ajit Pawar (NCP)
State Animal – Indian giant squirrel
State Bird – Yellow-footed green pigeon
State Tree – Mango
State Flower – Jarul
State Butterfly – Blue mormon