Daily Current Affairs 5 May 2023 in English: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2023 PDF to crack your exams.
|Subscribe To YouTube|
|Follow Us on Instagram|
|Join Facebook Page|
UGC launches ‘unified portal’ for faculty recruitment in central varsities
THE UNIVERSITY Grants Commission (UGC) launched a ‘unified portal i.e. curec.samarth.ac.in,’ for the recruitment of faculty to central universities, where nearly 31% of the sanctioned positions are vacant, As per the Union Government’s recent submission in the Lok Sabha.
- UGC chairperson M Jagadesh Kumar launched the portal @curec.samarth.ac.in that will carry a consolidated list of job openings across all central universities and provide a simple interface to apply.
- The portal will benefit both applicants and universities.
- The portal will “help UGC hand-hold the universities to fast-track the recruitment process, as it will show real-time data on vacancies, applications under consideration, and also track whether the reservation policy is being followed or not”.
- Applicants will get a consolidated list of openings across the central universities, and personalised dashboards to help manage the application process.
- It will use filters such as location, designation, subject, experience and education level, which the applicants can tick to view the openings that suit them.
Telangana Govt to Implement Insurance Scheme for Toddy Tappers
Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao will introduce the ‘Geetha Karmikula Bhima’ (insurance for toddy tappers) on the lines of Rythu Bhima for farmers. Under the ‘Geetha Karmikula Bhima’, insurance money of Rs 5,00,000 would be deposited directly in the bank account of the respective family members in case any toddy tapper dies accidentally while collecting toddy from palm trees in the fields.
Himachal Cabinet approves monthly incentive of Rs 1,500 for women of Spiti
The Himachal Pradesh Cabinet, headed by Chief Minister Sukhvinder Sukhu, decided to provide Rs 1,500 per month as Indira Gandhi Mahila Samman Nidhi to all eligible women of the Spiti Valley, including Buddhist nuns, of above 18 years.
- The cabinet gives a nod to introduce e-stamping for the collection of stamp duty to promote ease of doing business.
- It will stop printing of physical stamp papers with immediate effect and authorise stamp vendors as authorised collection centres.
- The Cabinet will offer Rs 600 in lieu of school uniforms through direct benefit transfer to all eligible students.
Indian-Origin Ajay Banga Confirmed As Next World Bank President
The World Bank confirmed that Ajay Banga had been appointed as its next president, he will enter his new role at a difficult time for the world economy, with slowing global growth and high-interest rates in many major economies.
- Banga previously directed the payments company Mastercard for over a decade between 2010 and 2021.
- He also served on the boards of the American Red Cross, Kraft Foods and Dow Inc.
- 63 years old Banga who was born into a Sikh family in India and is a naturalized US citizen.
Michael Douglas to Receive Honorary Palme d’Or at Cannes
Veteran Hollywood star Michael Douglas will be awarded an honorary Palme d’Or at the 76th Cannes Film Festival for his brilliant career and contribution to cinema. The festival will pay tribute to the 78-year-old actor during the opening ceremony on May 16th, 2023. The 2023 edition of the Cannes Film Festival will be held from May 16 to 27.
- Douglas had a diverse career, starring in numerous acclaimed films like The China Syndrome, Basic Instinct, Falling Down, and Behind the Candelabra.
- In 1987, Michael Douglas rolled as banker Gordon Gekko in Wall Street, which earned him an Academy Award.
Indo-Canadian Rupi Kaur book among most banned in US schools
A Canadian-Sikh poet made her debut work among the 11 most banned books in the US classrooms for the first half of the 2022-23 school year. Rupi Kaur’s book titled ‘Milk and Honey’, which was released in 2014, was banned for exploring issues of sexual assault and violence, according to data provided by the non-profit PEN America.
- The Sun and Her Flowers (2017) and Home Body (2020) are among the other titles that Kaur has written and have sold over 11 million copies and have been translated into over 43 languages.
- She was also regarded as “writer of the decade” by the New Republic and recognised on the Forbes 30 under 30 list.
Airtel Payments Bank launches Face Authentication for Aadhaar-enabled Payment System(AePS)
Airtel Payments Bank and Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) partnered to launch face authentication for the Aadhaar-enabled Payment System (AePS) at its five lakh banking points. this happens the first initiative of its kind in India, where four banks made partnerships with NPCI to offer face authentication for AePS.
- NPCI’s AePS allows customers to make financial and non-financial transactions at any banking point using their Aadhaar number or virtual ID to access their Aadhaar-linked bank account.
- Prior to this, transactions were used to authenticate through the customer’s Aadhaar number and fingerprint or Iris match in the UIDAI records.
- NPCI’s AePS facility will help in enabling users to validate the transaction by undertaking face authentication along with the Aadhaar number.
Microsoft Launches Two New Initiatives to Support Indian SMBs
Microsoft India launched two new initiatives in order to support small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) in their digital transformation journey. Microsoft India has launched a dedicated helpline and a comprehensive website, specifically has been designed to help Indian SMBs address their business challenges, improve operations, increase efficiency, and drive growth.
- The website will be a rich repository of skills, resources and tools to cater to every requirement of a business.
- Digital Transformation Helpline i.e. 1800-102-1147 will offer SMBs dedicated support to navigate their digital transformation journey seamlessly.
‘Gigachat’ Russia’s Sberbank launches Al to compete with ChatGPT
Russian banking institution, Sberbank developed a technology called “GigaChat”, aimed at competing with ChatGPT in the artificial intelligence chatbot race. Initially, GigaChat will be available in an invite-only testing mode. GigaChat will have the ability to communicate more intelligently in Russian than other foreign neural networks?
- GigaChat is the 2nd AI chatbot to be introduced in Russia, after the country banned ChatGPT in November 2022, due to fears of disinformation and criminal use.
Geoffrey Emmanuel first Indian to compete in FIM JuniorGP
Geoffrey Emmanuel will be the 1st Indian to participate in the FIM World JuniorGP World Championship. Geoffrey is the son of seven-time National Champion Emmanuel Jebaraj. he will join in the race for Cuna De Campeones in his maiden FIM JuniorGP season. The first round of the 2023 season will be held on May 5-7 at the Circuit de Estoril in Portugal.
- Geoffrey joined the 2022 Hawkers European Talent Cup – a one-make championship by Honda.
South Africa fast bowler Shabnim Ismail resigns international cricket
Fast bowler Shabnim Ismail announced her retirement from international cricket. Ismail had played in 241 international matches across one-day Internationals, Twenty20s and tests, and last appeared in February’s World Cup final loss to Australia at Newlands.
- Ismail took 191 wickets in ODIs and is second only player to India’s Jhulan Goswami (255) on the all-time list.
- She made the record for the fastest ball recorded in women’s cricket during that tournament when she bowled 128 kph (80 mph) against England in the semi-finals.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
📣 Prepare Exams is now on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube Channel, and Google News to get all the latest News first Like, Follow and bookmark our website @PrepareExams.com.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.