Airtel Payments Bank launches Face Authentication for Aadhaar-enabled Payment System(AePS) – Airtel Payments Bank and Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) partnered to launch face authentication for the Aadhaar-enabled Payment System (AePS) at its five lakh banking points. this happens the first initiative of its kind in India, where four banks made partnerships with NPCI to offer face authentication for AePS.
Face Authentication for AePS (Aadhaar-enabled Payment System)
- NPCI’s AePS allows customers to make financial and non-financial transactions at any banking point using their Aadhaar number or virtual ID to access their Aadhaar-linked bank account.
- Prior to this, transactions were used to authenticate through the customer’s Aadhaar number and fingerprint or Iris match in the UIDAI records.
- NPCI’s AePS facility will help in enabling users to validate the transaction by undertaking face authentication along with the Aadhaar number.
- The Authentication Process will be conducted using the Face Authentication RD Application by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
How Airtel Payments Bank customers can avail Aadhaar-enabled Payment System
- Banking Correspondent (BC) joins the customer details i.e. Aadhaar number in the business App.
- The customer will be asked to confirm the type of Authentication, Fingerprint or Face authentication.
- The Face Authentication RD App will capture the live Image of the customer.