Daily Current Affairs 22nd December 2022: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
Navy launches indigenously-built ship ‘Arnala’ in Chennai
The Indian Navy launched the first of the eight indigenously-built anti-submarine warfare shallow water craft (ASW-SWC) named ‘Arnala’ at the shipbuilding facility of L&T in Chennai’s Kattupalli. Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) Built ‘Arnala’ made its first contact with the water of the Bay of Bengal at 10.40 am at the launch ceremony presided over by Rasika Chaube, a financial adviser (defense services) of the defense ministry.
- The ship was named ‘Arnala’ to signify the strategic maritime importance accorded to the island of Arnala, which is situated about 13 kilometers north of Vasai, Maharashtra, by Maratha warrior king Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
The ‘Arnala’ class of ships
- Defence ministry and GRSE, Kolkata signed a contract for building eight ASW-SWC ships in April 2019.
- The ‘Arnala class of ships will take place in the ‘Abhay class ASW ships of the Indian Navy.
- The 77.6-meter-long ASW-SWC ships have a displacement of 900 tonnes with a maximum speed of 25 knots and endurance of 1800 nautical miles (NM).
Under the Samudhrayan project, the submersible vehicles will be sent to explore a depth of 6000 meters under the sea with humans to explore the world to the rare materials, creatures and things present inside the deep sea.
- The National Institute of Marine Technology developed vehicles for the Samudhrayan project named ‘MATSYA 6000’, and the project is expected to be completed by the year 2026.
Taliban ban female students from Afghan universities
Taliban imposed restrictions on women from Afghan universities. Women’s rights have been completely banned in Afghanistan. All public and private universities in Afghanistan have banned women’s education due to imposed ban by the Taliban. Schools and colleges were opened again after international protests against the earlier ban on girls going to school.
Ashutosh Mange appointed as ambassador of the Clean India Project in Madhya Pradesh’s Gadni district
A 13-year-old boy Ashutosh Mange has been appointed as ambassador of the Clean India Project in Madhya Pradesh’s Gadni district. he wrote a letter to the district collector (Avi Prasad) on maintaining dustbins and public cleanliness.
- The District Collector of Katni has elected the boy (Asutosh Mange) as the Clean India Program Ambassador of the district.
Shankar Chaudhary elected Speaker of 15th Assembly; Jetha Ahir is deputy
Senior BJP legislator Shankar Chaudhary has been unanimously elected Speaker of the 15th Gujarat Assembly. Another BJP legislator Jetha Ahir (Bharwad) has been appointed as unopposed Deputy Speaker of the Assembly.
- 52 years old BJP MLA Shankar Choudhary is a native of Vadnagar village of Radhanpur tehsil of Patan.
- he was elected to the Gujarat assembly for the sixth time from Tharad of Banaskantha.
- he also represented the assembly constituencies of Vav and Radhanpur.
- Chaudhary was also party president for Patan district and worked as general secretary of Gujarat BJP.
Union minister launches country’s first Green Steel Brand in New Delhi
The Union Minister of Steel and Civil Aviation, Shri Jyotiraditya M. Scindia launched Kalyani Group’s first green steel brand ‘Kalyani FeRRESTA’ in New Delhi. India is the 5th largest economy and second largest producer of steel, plans to double our production capacity by 2030 from the current level of 154 MT to 300 MT, as also envisaged in National Steel Policy 2017”.
Hyderabad CP CV Anand launches new online system for issue of licenses
Hyderabad Commissioner of Police, C V Anand launched a new online system aimed at ensuring faster approval of entertainment and amusement licenses. The new online system is made in line with the State government’s EODB policy and offers accountability, transparency, ease in data retrieval, and a faster approval process.
- New licenses will be allocated within 30 days and renewal applications within 15 days.
- The new system will look at public nuisances, traffic obstructions, and other related complaints.
- Hyderabad Commissioner of Police, C.V.Anand also re-launched the redesigned website of the Hyderabad City Police at the program.
Nepal PM Deuba elected leader of Nepali Congress parliamentary party
Nepal Prime Minister and the Nepali Congress President Sher Bahadur Deuba has been elected the parliamentary party (PP) leader, overpowering his nearest challenger, party General Secretary Gagan Kumar Thapa by 39 votes. Deuba secured 64 votes, while Thapa could muster only 25 votes.
- The three-member election committee including Joint General Secretary Bishma Raj Angdembe as coordinator and central members Pushpa Bhusal and Prakash Rasaili ‘Snehi’ as members were formed in the meeting of the Nepali Congress Central Working Committee on Sunday to elect the PP leader.
- The party won 89 seats — 57 in the first past the post-election system and 32 in the proportional representation election system — in the House of Representatives in the recently-concluded general elections.
Digital India Awards 2022
Under Smart Cities Mission, the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs won the Platinum Icon in the Digital India Awards 2022 for their initiative “DataSmart Cities: Empowering Cities through Data” under the ‘Data Sharing and Use for Socio-Economic Development’ category.
- National Informatics Centre (NIC) under the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) conducts Digital India awards for honoring the efforts of different Government entities in the digital realm.
- The seventh edition of the Digital India Awards (DIA) is being held in 2022.
- DIA 2022 aims to inspire and motivate not only government entities but also start-ups in fulfilling the Digital India vision.
Tamil Semmal Award
Chief Minister M.K. Stalin presented a cheque for ₹5 crores to create a separate department of Tamil Literary Studies at Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi. The cheque has been given to Santishree Dhulipudi Pandit, Vice-Chancellor of the university.
- The Chief Minister also conferred the Tamil Semmal Award on 38 Tamil scholars and the Translators’ Award on 10 translators.
- The Tamil scholars whose works were nationalized included Nellai S. Divan, Viduthalai Rajendran, and N. Mammathu. They were given ₹15 lakh each.
- The late Tamil scholar included Nellai Kannan, Kantharvan, Somale, N. Rasaiah and Thanjai Prakash.
International Women’s T20 Ranking
India’s wicketkeeper-batter Richa Ghosh gained four places in the ICC women’s T20I ranking for batters to reach 40th position after her unbeaten knock of 40 of 19-ball in the fourth T20I against Australia.
International Women’s T20 ranking list – Batting
- Australian players Dahlia (818 points) – 1st position.
- Australian player Beth Mooney (733 points) – 2nd position.
- Smriti Mandhana (733 rating points) – 3rd position
- Shabali Verma – 6th position
- Jemima – 10th position.
International Women’s T20 ranking list – All Rounders
- New Zealand’s Shobi Devin (389 points) – 1st place.
- Hailey Mathews of West Indies (385 points) – 2nd place
- India’s Deepti Sharma (378 points) – 3rd place.
International Women’s T20 ranking list – Bowlers
- England’s Shobie Eccleston (763 points) – 1st place
- Sarah Glenn (733 points) – 2nd place
- Indian player Deepti Sharma (727 points) – 3rd place
- Indian player Renuka Singh (710 points) – 5th position.
World Badminton Men’s Doubles Ranking List released
World Badminton Federation ranking list has been published. World Badminton Men’s Doubles Ranking List follows:
- Yuko Kobayashi and Takuro Hoki from Japan won first place
- Fajar Albion and Muhammad Ryan Ordiento from Indonesia are in second place.
- In third place are Malaysia’s Aaron Chia, Wooi Yik and
- India’s Satviksairaj and Chirag Shetty are in 5th place.
in men’s singles
- Indian player H.S. Pranai is ranked 9th.
- Kidambi Srikanth is ranked 11th place.
Women’s National Boxing Championships 2022
The 6th Elite Women’s National Boxing Championships 2022 is being held in Bhopal from 20th December to 26 December 2022. Telangana’s Nikhat Zareen defeated Tamil Nadu’s LK Abinaya in the first match under the 50kg category. victory Nikhat Zareen will face Meghalaya’s Eva Marbaniang in the pre-quarterfinals on 22 December 2022.
National Mathematics Day 2022
Every year, Indian celebrates National Mathematics Day on 22nd December in the country. the day marks the birth anniversary of famous mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan. in 2022, India is observing the 135th birth anniversary of Ramanujan.
- The main purpose of the National Mathematics Day is to create awareness of the development of mathematics and its importance in the growth of humanity.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.