Current Affairs 15th June 2022 – Current Affairs for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
India’s first centralised AC railway terminal in Bengaluru becomes operational
The ultra-luxury Sir M Visvesvaraya Railway Terminal in Karnataka’s capital city Bengaluru has become operational on 6th June 2022. The railway terminal at the city’s Baiyappanahalli area has been named after Bharat Ratna Sir M. Visvesvaraya.
- the air-conditioned SMV Railway Terminal is a ₹314 crore project.
- It has solar rooftop panels and a rainwater harvesting mechanism.
- It has been equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and claims to have an airport-like aura.
- Kochuveli Bi-Weekly Humsafar Express will depart from SMV Terminal at 7 pm on Fridays and Sundays with effect from 10th June 2022.
Karnataka govt launched ‘FRUITS’ software for farmer schemes
The Karnataka State Govt has launched ‘The Farmer Registration & Unified Beneficiary Information System’ or FRUITS software for Aadhar-based, single-window registration for the schemes. FRUITS software aims to facilitate single registration with the help of Aadhar card and Karnataka’s Bhoomi digitized land record system for authenticating ownership.
- The state farmers will be able to access benefits of hosts of schemes such as Direct Benefit Transfer under PM Kisan, payment for Minimum Support Prices (MSPs) for crops, special financial assistance, caste certificate authentication and ration cards through the creation of single digital identification through FRUITS.
- ‘The Farmer Registration & Unified Beneficiary Information System’ or FRUITS software will allow various departments to access information about the farmers under a single platform.
OmniCard becomes 1st RBI licensed PPI to launch cash withdrawal across all ATMs PAN India
OmniCard Payment solution provider has announced that it became the 1st RBI licensed PPI (prepaid payment instrument) to launch cash withdrawal using a RuPay-powered card from any ATMs in India. RBI permitted the non-bank licensed entities to enable cash withdrawals from the digital wallets.
- OmniCard users now can withdraw cash from any ATM at their convenience.
- OmniCard provides full security from frauds like card theft, card cloning, and PIN skimming as the withdrawal facility comes with high safety & security features.
- It also protects the user from exposing their money and bank account details.
38th India-Indonesia Coordinated Patrol Conducted in Andaman Sea
The 38th India-Indonesia Coordinated Patrol (IND-INDO CORPAT) between the Indian Navy Units of Andaman & Nicobar Command (ANC) and the Indonesian Navy is being held from June 13 to 24 2022 in the Andaman Sea and Straits of Malacca.
- The 38th CORPAT is the first post-pandemic Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) between the two countries.
- Sea Phase in the Andaman Sea and a visit by IN Units to Sabang (Indonesia) from June 23 to 24, 2022.
- India and Indonesia have been carrying out CORPAT along their International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL) since 2002.
India’s retail inflation eases to 7.04%
As per the government data, retail inflation in May was estimated at 7.04% and has eased from a nearly eight-year high of 7.79% recorded in April.
- In May 2022, Inflation in the food basket was 7.97% in India which was marginally lower than 8.31 per cent in the previous month as per the National Statistical Office (NSO) data.
- A rise in price across all items from fuel to vegetables and cooking oil has upped WPI or Wholesale Price Inflation to a record high of 15.08 per cent in April and retail inflation to a nearly eight-year high of 7.79 per cent.
Max Verstappen won Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2022
Red Bull’s Max Verstappen won the Azerbaijan Formula One Grand Prix 2022 (his fifth victory of the season). followed by Red Bull’s Sergio Perez and Mercedes’ George Russell came second and third spot.
- Verstappen became the most successful driver in the Red Bull of all time.
ICC felicitates Angelo Mathews and Tuba Hassan with ICC Player of Month award
The International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced that Sri Lanka’s batting star Angelo Mathews and Pakistan’s debutante spin sensation Tuba Hassan have been selected for the ICC Men’s and Women’s Players of the Month for May 2022.
- Sri Lanka’s Angelo Mathews was selected as the stand-out male player after scoring runs over the course of his side’s impressive ICC World Test Championship series victory against Bangladesh.
Haryana won Khelo India Youth Games 2021 title
Hosts Haryana won the Khelo India Youth Games (KIYG) 2021 title with 52 gold medals, Haryana also won 39 silver and 46 bronze medals, taking their overall medal tally to 137 medals.
- Maharashtra came second with 125 medals including 45 gold, 40 silver and 40 bronze medals. Karnataka finished third with 67 medals including 22 gold, 17 silver and 28 bronze.
Long distance running legend Hari Chand died at 69
Two-time Olympian and double Asian Games gold medallist, Hari Chand passed away at the age of 69. he was one of India’s greatest long-distance runners and belonged to Ghorewah village in Punjab’s Hoshiarpur district.
- Hari Chand stood eighth in the 10,000 m with a time of 28:48.72 In the 1976 Summer Olympics in Montreal. it was a national record that stood for 32 years and was broken by Surendra Singh.
- Hari Chand won two gold medals at the 1978 Bangkok Asian Games.
Elimination of Child Labour Week During 12th To 20th June
the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) celebrates Elimination of Child Labour Week in honour of World Day Against Child Labour as part of the “75th-anniversary celebrations of India’s independence – “Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav” in different districts. Elimination of Child Labour Week is to be celebrated from 12th June to 20th June.
- It aims to pay attention to the problem of child labour and find ways to eradicate it.
World Wind Day 2022
Every year, World Wind Day is observed on June 15 across the world. this day is also known as Global Wind Day. it aims to create awareness about wind energy, which is a natural form of energy and it also sheds light on all the ways that wind energy helps to shape the energy systems and the way it encourages economic and other growth in the society.
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day 2022
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD) is observed on 15th June every year. It aims to raise awareness about the plight of elderly people who are abused and harmed.
- The main purpose of this day is to develop a better understanding of elder abuse and neglect by raising awareness about the cultural, social, economic, and demographic factors that influence such abuse and neglect.
- The theme for World Elder Abuse Awareness Day 2022 is ‘Digital Equity for All Ages.’
Daily Current Affairs 15th June 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.