Current Affairs 13 September 2022 – Here, you will find Current Affairs September 2022 events which will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
2nd Anniversary of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) celebrated
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) completes its successful second anniversary on 10th September 2022. Department of Fisheries, Union Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying conducted an event in New Delhi to commemorate the 2nd Anniversary of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY). Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry Shri Parshottam Rupala joined the event as Chief Guest.
- Dr L. Murugan, Minister of State, FAHD and I&B, Shri Tarun Shridhar, Former Secretary, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying and Dr S. Ayyappan, Former Director General, Indian Council of Agricultural Research were Guests of Honour and Jatindra Nath Swain, Secretary, Ministry of FAHD were also present.
- Booklet on PMMSY & its achievements, Matsya Sampada: 3rd edition of DoF Newsletter, Tilapia Action Plan as a part of Export Diversification, Scampi Action Plan, National Seed Plan: 2022-2025 etc was launched during the event.
CCRAS ‘SPARK’ Program to Support Innovative Research in Ayurveda
The Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS) brings a unique initiative to support the research efforts of the new bright mind of India. with this regard, CCRAS has developed the Studentship Program for Ayurveda Research Ken (SPARK) for Ayurveda students (BAMS) in recognized Ayurveda colleges.
- The SPARK program has been primarily developed to help students develop an acumen for research and to further support and incentivise their research ideas.
Coal Ministry Aims to Enhance Coal Production to 1.23 Billion Ton by 2024-25
The Ministry of Coal has targeted to enhance coal production to 1.23 Billion Tonne (BT) by FY 2024-25 (including CIL & Non-CIL coal blocks) to ensure the energy security of the country. Coal India Ltd (CIL) takes an integrated planning approach by strengthening evacuation infrastructure for one billion tonnes of production.
- North Karanpura Coalfield is a major coalfield in Jharkhand State and falls within the command of Central Coalfields Limited (CCL).
- it has about 19 billion tonnes of coal resources.
Nagaland celebrates the 1st Naga Mircha Festival
Naga Mircha (Naga King Chilli) Festival 2022 was celebrated on 10th September 2022 at Seiyhama Village under Kohima district. Department of Horticulture sponsored Naga Mircha (Naga King Chilli) Festival. Seiyhama produces Naga Mircha which is of good quality and they should start strategising market control by producing the chilli on a large scale that can be available in the market throughout the year at a cheaper rate.
- The Horticulture Department picked the Botsa block as a focus area for Naga Mircha cultivation covering approx 100 hectares.
- Naga Mircha was the first product to receive a GI tag from Nagaland.
Sheikh Hasina India Visit
Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina arrived in India on a four-day state visit. PM Sheikh Hasina will meet India’s top leaders and can sign at least seven bilateral agreements in areas like water management, railway and science and technology. Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheik Hasina paid obeisance at the dargah of Sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti in Ajmer.
- PM Hasina hailed Indian soldiers who lost their lives in the 1971 Bangladesh Liberation war.
- Along with it, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Bangladeshi counterpart Sheikh Hasina signed the MoUs in the areas of railways, science and technology, space technology and broadcasting among others.
Chhattisgarh Govt to launch New scheme to provide Mobile Healthcare Facilities for Cattle
The Chhattisgarh government will launch a scheme called ‘Mukhyamantri Govansh Mobile Chikitsa Yojana’ for mobile veterinary units to provide medical aid to cattle on the lines of health clinics being run for citizens in urban and rural areas.
- Each district will have one or two mobile veterinary units with veterinarians in the first stage of ‘Mukhyamantri Govansh Mobile Chikitsa Yojana’.
- Along with it, the govt also is running ‘Mukhyamantri Slum Swasthya Yojana’ in urban areas and ‘Mukhyamantri Haat-Bazaar Clinic Yojana in rural areas in order to ensure that all citizens have access to affordable and quality healthcare facilities through mobile medical units
J&K Police launched the ‘JK ECop’ Application for Emergency Services
Jammu and Kashmir Police launched an android-based Mobile Application named ‘JK eCOP’, aimed at bringing Jammu and Kashmir Police one step closer to the people. the ‘JK eCOP’ app was designed and developed keeping in mind the needs of the public as well as the smooth functioning of the Police department.
- JK Ecop app will help the citizens to use a host of services ranging from registering a complaint to downloading a copy of an FIR.
- Using this app, citizens can also make requests including obtaining a character certificate, employee verification, or tenant verification and so on.
HDFC Bank issues India’s first Electronic Bank Guarantee (e-BG)
HDFC Bank has issued an electronic bank guarantee (e-BG) to simplify the process and eliminate the possibility of fraud and manipulation with the help of National E-Governance Services Ltd (NeSL). HDFC Bank becomes the first bank in the country to do so. e-BG will be issued on the NeSL portal through an API-based digital workflow.
- e-BG replaces Paper-based and time-consuming processes and the Bank will migrate to eBG to benefit all its customers.
- NeSL, CVC-CBI committee and IBA developed e-BG, aiming to simplify the process and eliminate the possibility of fraud and manipulation.
DBS partners with The Sandbox to launch ‘DBS BetterWorld
DBS announced its partnership with The Sandbox, a leading decentralised gaming virtual world to create DBS BetterWorld. DBS is the first bank in Singapore to make a foray into the metaverse. it also marks a new milestone in DBS’ journey to continually explore the potential of Web 3.0 opportunities.
- DBS will have to buy a 3×3 plot of LAND – a unit of virtual real estate in The Sandbox metaverse under the partnership.
- A 3×3 plot of LAND will be developed with immersive elements.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Reliance Industries will construct the World’s largest Carbon Fibre Plant by 2025 in Gujarat
Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani announced making India’s first and one of the world’s largest Carbon Fibre plants which will be established at Hazira, Gujarat. The World’s largest Carbon Fibre Plant will have a capacity of 20,000 MTPA based on Acrylonitrile feedstock.
- Reliance Industries will further invest Rs 75,000 crores over the next five years to expand capacities in existing and new value chains (Polyester value chain, Vinyl chain, and New Materials).
- The plant will be integrated with Carbon Fibre to produce Carbon Fibre composites.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
President João Manuel Gonçalves Lourenço Elected as the President of Angola for the 2nd term
Angolan President Joao Lourenco won a second term in office and was declared the winner of a closely fought election. the Liberation of Angola received 51.17% of the vote and the Portuguese initials, UNITA, only received 43.95% in the final tally.
Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd launches third Stealth Frigate of Project 17A ‘TARAGIRI’
Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd (MDL) has launched the 3rd Stealth Frigate of Project 17A ‘TARAGIRI’ ship (149.02 M long & 17.8 M wide ship), which was built using an Integrated construction methodology which involves hull blocks construction in different geographical locations and integration/erection on Slipway at MDL.
- On 10th September 2020, The keel of Taragiri was laid and is to be delivered by August 2025. The vessel carries an approximate launch weight of 3510 Tons.
- The first ship of Project 17A, ‘Nilgiri’ was launched on 28th Sept 2019 and will be launched in the first half of 2024.
- The total value of Project 17A is around Rs. 25,700 Crores.
- The second ship of P17A class ‘Udaygiri’ was launched on 17 May 2022 and will be launched in the second half of 2024.
- On 28 Jun 2022, The keel of the fourth and final ship was already laid.
Max Verstappen Claims Fifth-Straight Victory by Winning Italian Grand Prix
Max Verstappen won the Formula One Italian Grand Prix and claimed his first win or podium finish. Max Verstappen is ahead of Charles Leclerc by 116 points in the driver standings after winning a race whose final six laps
- George Russell Mercedes rounded off the podium, and teammates Leclerc, and Carlos Sainz, came 4th after starting at 18th position.
- The Italian Grand Prix is the fifth oldest national Grand Prix which has been conducted since 1921.
Rahul Sharma announces retirement from Int’l and first-class cricket
Indian leg-spinner Rahul Sharma announced his retirement from all international and first-class cricket. 35-year-old Sharma has represented India in four ODIs and two T20Is.
- Sharma made his Indian Premier League (IPL) debut with Deccan Chargers (now Sunrisers Hyderabad) in 2010. in 2013.
- he played for Pune Warriors and later moved to play for Delhi Daredevils (now Delhi Capitals) in 2014.
- He played a total of 44 matches in the IPL and took 40 wickets.
Veteran actor and former union minister Krishnam Raju dies at 83
Former Union Minister and veteran actor Uppalapati Krishnam Raju passed away at the age of 83 due to post-Covid-19 ailments. he was being treated at a private hospital.
- He was a two-time Lok Sabha member and also served as Union Minister of state in the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government.
- Krishnam Raju is also Known as ‘Rebel Star’ and has acted in over 180 films and remained a trendsetter with his rebellious characters.
- He began his film career with the Telugu movie ‘Chilaka Gorinka’ in 1966.
United Nations Day for South-South Cooperation 2022
Every year, The United Nations Day for South-South Cooperation is observed on September 12 across the globe in order to highlight the importance of cooperation among people and countries in the global South. The United Nations Day for South-South Cooperation day also purposes to create and spread awareness of the social, economic, and political developments made in the Southern region.
- It aims to foster and strengthen the self-reliance of developing countries by enhancing their creative capacity to find solutions and technological capacities to their development problems.
World First Aid Day 2022
Every year, World First Aid Day is celebrated on the second Saturday of September. In 2022, World First Aid Day 2022 falls on 10 September 2022. World First Aid Day aims to promote the significance of first aid, which is an important fundamental skill and it also creates awareness on a global level about how it can save precious lives.
- The main purpose of this day is to raise awareness on first aid and how it can prevent injuries and save lives in critical situations.
- The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) introduced World First Aid Day for the first.
- According to the IFRC, World First Aid Day 2022 Theme is ‘Lifelong First Aid’, and we are putting forward the importance of having lifelong first aid learning.
National Forest Martyrs Day 2022
Every year, National Forest Martyrs Day is observed on September 11 in India to pay tribute to those who sacrificed their lives to protect forests and wildlife. National Forest Martyrs Day aims to create awareness about protecting forests and the environment at large. Forest Martyr incident is remembered as a key event and has inspired many activists and campaigns, including the Chipko movement, in which people hugged trees to save them from falling.
- National Forest Martyrs Day also commemorates the importance of trees and the need of trees in the current climate.
- The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change decided to observe this day in 2013 in honour of forests and people who protect India’s forests, jungles, and wildlife.
- The tragic Khejarli massacre occurred on September 11th, 1730, that’s why this day has been selected as National Forest Martyrs Day.
Current Affairs Today
|S.N.||Current Affairs 13 September 2022|
|1.||2nd Anniversary of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) celebrated|
|2.||CCRAS ‘SPARK’ Program to Support Innovative Research in Ayurveda|
|3.||Coal Ministry Aims to Enhance Coal Production to 1.23 Billion Ton by 2024-25|
|4.||Nagaland celebrates the 1st Naga Mircha Festival|
|5.||Sheikh Hasina India Visit|
|6.||Chhattisgarh Govt to launch New scheme to provide Mobile Healthcare Facilities for Cattle|
|7.||J&K Police launched the ‘JK ECop’ Application for Emergency Services|
|8.||HDFC Bank issues India’s first Electronic Bank Guarantee (e-BG)|
|9.||DBS partners with The Sandbox to launch ‘DBS BetterWorld|
|10.||Reliance Industries will construct the World’s largest Carbon Fibre Plant by 2025 in Gujarat|
|11.||President João Manuel Gonçalves Lourenço Elected as the President of Angola for the 2nd term|
|12.||Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd launches third Stealth Frigate of Project 17A ‘TARAGIRI’|
|13.||Max Verstappen Claims Fifth-Straight Victory by Winning Italian Grand Prix|
|14.||Rahul Sharma announces retirement from Int’l and first-class cricket|
|15.||Veteran actor and former union minister Krishnam Raju dies at 83|
|16.||United Nations Day for South-South Cooperation 2022|
|17.||World First Aid Day 2022|
|18.||National Forest Martyrs Day 2022|
******** END ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.