Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd launches third Stealth Frigate of Project 17A ‘TARAGIRI’– Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd (MDL) has launched the 3rd Stealth Frigate of Project 17A ‘TARAGIRI’ ship (149.02 M long & 17.8 M wide ship), which was built using an Integrated construction methodology which involves hull blocks construction in different geographical locations and integration/erection on Slipway at MDL.
- On 10th September 2020, The keel of Taragiri was laid and is to be delivered by August 2025. The vessel carries an approximate launch weight of 3510 Tons.
- The first ship of Project 17A, ‘Nilgiri’ was launched on 28th Sept 2019 and will be launched in the first half of 2024.
- The total value of Project 17A is around Rs. 25,700 Crores.
- The second ship of P17A class ‘Udaygiri’ was launched on 17 May 2022 and will be launched in the second half of 2024.
- On 28 Jun 2022, The keel of the fourth and final ship was already laid.
Third Stealth Frigate of Project 17A ‘TARAGIRI’
- The ship is 149.02 M long & 17.8 M wide and has been propelled by a CODOG combination of two Gas Turbines and 02 Main Diesel Engines.
- The ship can achieve a speed of over 28 knots at a displacement of approx. 6670 Tons.
- The steel used in Hull construction of P17A frigates is indigenously developed.
- The Taragiri Ship will be equipped with weapons, sensors, an advanced action information system, an integrated platform management system, world-class modular living spaces, a sophisticated power distribution system and a host of other advanced features.
- It will also have a supersonic surface-to-surface missile system.
Features of Taragiri:
Launch weight: Approximately 3510 Tons
Displacement: Approximately 6670 Tons
Speed: Over 28 knots
Width: 149.02 meters long
17.8 Meters wide
Propelled by a CODOG (Combined Diesel or Gas) combination of two Gas Turbines and two main diesel engines
******** End ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|