Autonomous electric ferries for Norway
- In order to build autonomous electric ferries for Norway, An agreement has been made between Cochin Shipyard and ASKO Maritime AS. The agreement clears a way to start construction and supply of the two (2) autonomous electric ferries, in addition, there is also an option to build two more identical vessels.
Important Points –
- The project will have the aim to keep CSL into a league of premier shipbuilding yards in the world. as a result, it will have the ability to handle high tech vessel construction.
- how much cost will be for the project, information is not shared by CSK among public.
- With the use of Kongsberg Maritime systems and detailed engineering, Naval Dynamics, Norway has prepared and designed the vessels.
- The vessels are powered by 1846 kWh capacity batterie and 67 km long.