Assam re-introduced self-employment scheme SVAYEM
- On 4th September 2020, The Assam state govt has introduced an old scheme named ‘Swami Vivekananda Assam Youth Empowerment (SVAYEM) again. the main objective of SVAYEM scheme is to create self-employment to almost 2 lakh youths of the state.
- Before it, This SVAYEM scheme was begun by state govt in the year 2017-18. The SVAYEM scheme is known as the biggest self-employment programme that was introduced by any govt in Assam state since Independence.
SVAYEM scheme Features –
- Now, the govt has a re-begun scheme and kept a budget of Rs 1000 crore.
- As per the scheme, the state Govt is going to offer 50,000 rupees as seed money. the seed money will be given to selected youths to start business ventures.
- The Govt will distribute seed money in upcoming the period of three months and there is no required any banking linkage.
- If beneficiaries want to take the advantages of this scheme then they will have to join self-help groups, joint liability groups, and so on. before September 1st, 2020.
About Assam –
Statehood – 26 January 1950
Capital – Dispur
Largest city – Guwahati
Districts – 33
Governor – Jagdish Mukhi
Chief Minister – Sarbananda Sonowal (BJP)