Punjab begins I Rakhwali app for Greenery Saviours
On 3rd September 2020, The State Minister of Punjab Preservation Shri Sadhu Singh Dharmsot has begun an app named I Rakhwali. I Rakhwali app has been introduced to make citizens safeguard the forest across the state. the App will play a role in being Greenery Saviours.
The main purpose of this app is to encourage people for more planting such as trees and The application will assist citizens to come ahead and will help in contribution regarding environment protection.
- The application aims to offer a geographical location of the nurseries to the state’s citizens so that they can get easy access to free plants and saplings.
- A citizen will be able to inform illegal felling of trees and any damage to the forests to the department via the app.
- If any issue occurs in the app then, it will be the duty of Forest Divisional Officers to solve the issue and they will take actions quickly.
- Complainants will be able to get the actions on complaints regularly updated.
More News –
1) The Punjab State Govt has appointed Vini Mahajan as the Chief Secretary and due to this appointment, she becomes the 1st woman to hold this post. Vini Mahajan is an Administrative Service(IAS) Officer of 1987 batch. << Read Full News Here>>
2) In Chandigarh, V P Singh Badnore (Governor of Punjab and Chandigarh Administrator) introduced Battery Swapping Facility Quick Interchange Service(QIS) with the presence of Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Steel, Dharmendra Pradhan.
About Punjab –
Capital – Chandigarh
Chief Minister – Amarinder Singh
Governor – V. P. Singh Badnore
Largest city – Ludhiana
Districts – 22
State Language – Punjabi
State Dance – Bhangra, Giddha
State Mammal – Blackbuck
State Bird – Baaz