Current Affairs 20 September 2019 :
Dear Students ,Today we have come with Current Affairs of 20 September 2019 . PrepareExams is giving you Daily Updated Current Affairs for Govt Exams about 20 September Current Affairs Day
Current Affairs English
Current Affairs : National
Open defecation goes down between 2000-2017 in India by 47 pc: WHO-UNICEF survey
- According to a study from the WHO / UNICEF Joint Monitoring Program (JMP), as many as 43 percent of Indians acquired access to fundamental sanitation, while the habit of free defecation declined by 47 percent in the nation between 2000 and 2017. The study states that the statistics mentioned suggest not only a significant reduction in inequality, but also a change in social norms and public health transformation.
The President of Mongolia visits India to strengthen ties
- On a five-day trip to India, Mongolian President Khaltmaagiin Battulga landed in New Delhi with the objective of strengthening bilateral relations between the two nations. At the Gandan Monastery in Ulan Bator, Mongolia, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Mongolian President Khaltmaagiin Battulga collectively revealed the sculpture of Lord Buddha via video conference.
Union Minister Gehlot introduces MIS portal under the Campaign for Accessible India
- Union Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Thaawarchand Gehlot introduced the Accessible India Campaign (AIC) Stakeholder Management Information System (MIS) gateway. Fully available to’ divyangjans,’ the MIS gateway will provide a separate venue for all nodal ministries, countries and Union territories to monitor advancement against each AIC goal.
Current Affairs : Sports
In the Commonwealth Powerlifting Championships, Arthi Arun victories five gold awards
- In the 2019’s Commonwealth Powerlifting and Bench Press Championships, which is happening in St. John’s, Canada, Chennai powerlifter Arthi Arun has won five gold medals. She has earned the 72 kg class awards. She is also the present medalist and national champion of Asian Powerlifting Gold.
The highest T20I run-getter is Virat Kohli
- India Captain Virat Kohli became the top T20I run-getter after playing an undefeated 72 runs match to beat South Africa. In the smallest layout of the match, Kohli now has made 2,441 runs under his control from 77 games, exceeding his colleague Rohit Sharma, who has made 2,434 runs from 97 games.
Current Affairs : Appointments
Air Marshal RKS Bhadauria as Next Chief of Indian Air Force(IAF)
- The Central Government has designated the next Indian Air Force (IAF) chairman, Air Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria. After his colleague and incumbent IAF Chief BS Dhanoa retires on September 30 Bhadauria, presently Vice Chief of Air Staff, will bring over the duty as Chief of Air Staff.
Current Affairs : Books
The Book “The Cousins Thackeray: Uddhav, Raj and the Shadow of their Senas” comes in market
- The book titled “The Cousins Thackeray: Uddhav, Raj and the Shadow of their Senas” has been issued in market to read with the help of Penguin Random House , journalist Dhaval Kulkarni is a writer who wrote this book. This book is about Uddhav Thackeray, Raj Thackeray’s political journey.
Current Affairs : Obituary
Malayalam actor Sathar said good bye to world at age of 67
- Veteran actor Sathar, who in the 1970s and 80s was prominently featured in South Indian movies, has died. He was sixty-seven years old.