WTO Report: India Placed Among Top 10 Agricultural Produce Exporters of 2019
As per the World Trade Organisation (WTO), India has got the place among the top 10 list of the countries exporting agricultural produce in the year 2019 in world agricultural trade in recent 25 years.
- India has surpassed New Zealand to be ranked at 9th spot.
- India accounts for its 3.10% share of rice, cotton, soya beans, and meat in the global agri exports.
- In 2019, India has exported 33% of the total share and was the largest exporter of rice. followed by Thailand (20%) and Vietnam (12%) as against Thailand (38%), India (26%), and the US (19%) in 1995.
- India became the 3rd largest cotton exporter (7.6%) in 2019.
- India was the 8th largest exporter in the world with a global share of 4% in the “meat and edible meat offal” category.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.