World Thalassemia Day 2022: Date, History, Theme, and Significance – Every year, World Thalassemia day is observed on May 7th across the world. it aims to create awareness to honour the struggle of patients suffering from the disease.
- It also honours the efforts of doctors, scientists and medical staff for improving the lives of people suffering from this disease.
World Thalassemia Day 2022: History
- Thalassemia International Federation (TIF) designated the day of May 8 as International Thalassemia Day in 1994.
- the president and the founder of TIF, Panos Englezos proclaimed this day in the loving memory of his son George and the other thalassemia patients who fought this disease.
World Thalassemia Day 2022: Theme
- The theme for 2022 World Thalassemia day is ‘Be Aware.Share.Care: Working with the global community as one to improve thalassemia knowledge.’
- The theme of 2021 World Thalassemia Day is “Addressing Health Inequalities Across the Global Thalassaemia Community”
What is Thalassemia?
- It is an inherited blood disorder that causes not to the body to create enough haemoglobin.
- Thalassemia disease causes weakening and destroying the blood cells.
- There are two types of thalassemia, alpha and beta, along with Thalassemia minor, intermedia and major as its subcategories.
World Thalassemia Day 2022: FAQs
When is World Thalassemia Day observed?
Every year, World Thalassemia day is observed on May 7th across the world.
What is the theme of World Thalassemia Day 2022?
The theme for this year’s World Thalassemia day is ‘Be Aware.Share.Care: Working with the global community as one to improve thalassemia knowledge.’
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.