World Radio Day 2023: History, Significance, Theme
World Radio Day 2023: History, Significance, Theme – Every year, World Radio Day is observed on 13 February across the world. it aims to create awareness about the importance of Radio.
- This day also encourages decision-makers to set up and provide access to information using the radio. it also helps in enhancing networking and generating international cooperation among the broadcasters.
World Radio Day: History
- in the year 2011, during the 36th session of UNESCO’s General Conference, the day of 13 February was proclaimed as World Radio Day.
- In the 67th session of the UN General Assembly, a resolution was passed for proclaiming 13th February as World Radio Day.
World Radio Day 2023: Theme
- The theme for World Radio Day 2023 is ‘Radio and Peace’ which focuses on the role of radio as an independent medium of peacemaking.
- The theme of World Radio Day 2021 is “Radio and Diversity”.