Every year, World Food Day (WFD) is celebrated on October 16th in the world. the main purpose of this day is to eradicate worldwide hunger from our lifetime. it also raises awareness and collective action to combat the issue of hunger and ensure healthy diets for all.
- This day also marks the establishment of the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) in 1945.
- WFD is an initiative by the Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO) of the United Nations.
World Food Day 2022: Theme
- The theme for World Food Day 2022 is Leave NO ONE behind.
- The theme 2021 for World Food Day 2021 is “Safe food now for a healthy tomorrow”, highlighting food heroes or individuals who have given their contributed to building a sustainable world where no one has to go hungry.
- In 2020, the theme for World Food Day was, “Grow, nourish, sustain. Together. Our actions are our future.”
World Food Day 2022: History
- In 1979, World Food Day was designated in November by former Hungarian minister of agriculture and food Dr Pal Romany.
- The day aims to create awareness about hunger, malnutrition, sustainability, and food production.
- Headquarters – Rome, Italy
- Head – Qu Dongyu
- Headquarters – New York, United States
- Founded – 24th October 1945
- Secretary-General – Antonio Guterres
World Food Day 2022: FAQs
When is World Food Day observed?
World Food Day is observed all over the world on October 16.
What is the Theme of 2022 for World Food Day?
The theme for World Food Day 2022 is Leave NO ONE behind.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.
******** End ********