World Sight Day 2021: History, significance and theme
Every year, World Sight Day is observed on the second (2nd) Thursday of October month across the world to raise awareness about vision impairment, vision care and other issues related to eyes.
- it aims to bring global attention to impairment and blindness.
- This day also aims to increase awareness about the importance of eye health and to honour ophthalmologists – a medical professional who diagnoses and treats human eye and vision problems – who work tirelessly around the globe to combat the issue.
World Sight Day 2022: History
- In 1998, Lions Clubs International came with blindness presentation organizations worldwide for the first World Sight Day.
- In 2000, the SightFirstCampaign of Lions Club International Foundation initiated this day to observe.
World Sight Day 2022: Theme
- The theme 2022 for World Sight Day is ‘Love Your Eyes’.
- This day will be celebrated achievements to date and advocate for increased attention towards eye care.
World Sight Day 2022: FAQs
When is World Sight Day observed?
World Sight Day is observed all over the world on the 2nd Thursday of October.
What is the Theme 2021 for World Sight Day?
The theme 2021 for World Sight Day is “Love your eyes”
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.
******** End ********