World Development Information Day is observed on October 24th annually to create awareness of the problems surrounding development in different nations and how to overcome them. The main purpose of this day is to improve the dissemination of information and mobilize public opinion, especially among young people.
- It also focuses on the development problems
- it also marks the need to strengthen international cooperation to solve them for overall growth and development.
- The day also marks United Nations Day, which was formed on October 24, 1945.
World Development Information Day 2022: History
- In 1972, the UN General Assembly established World Development Information Day with Resolution 3038 (XXVII) for making people aware of developmental problems that countries across the world continue to face.
- World Development Information Day was founded to increase international cooperation to solve developmental problems and start improving living standards across the globe.
World Development Information Day: Theme
- In 2021, the theme of World Development Information Day was “Action for Sustainable Development Goals”,
- In 2020, The theme was “Information and Communication Technology – New Solutions to Development Challenges.”
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.