National Police Commemoration Day 2022: History, significance – Every year, the Police Commemoration Day is celebrated by Indians on October 21 to remember police personnel who sacrificed their lives while discharging their duties. The day also marks the sacrifices of ten policemen who breathed their last in a Chinese firing in 1959. Chinese troops opened fire and threw grenades at 20 Indian soldiers in Ladakh on 21st October.
National Police Commemoration Day 2022: History and significance
- the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) was patrolling the 2,600-mile border between India and Tibet on October 20th, 1959.
- Three units of the CRPF’s 3rd Battalion were sent on separate patrols to a location which is called Hot Springs to keep an eye on the Indo-China border in North Eastern Ladakh.
- On October 21, Chinese troops fired at the Indian soldiers and took Seven Indian police officers as prisoners.
- ten of them were killed by Chinese troops.
- the Chinese troops handed the bodies of the martyred police officers to India on November 28, 1959.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.