World Brain Tumour Day 2023: Theme, History, Significance – Every year, World Brain Tumour Day is observed by people on June 8th. Brain tumour causes every tenth morbidity. this deadly disease is on rising day by day and different kinds of tumours manifest are found.
- The International Association of Cancer Registries (IARC) releases its report that highlights more than 28,000 cases of new brain tumours cases being reported annually in India. almost 24000 patients have lost their lives fighting this neurological ailment.
World Brain Tumour Day 2023: Theme
- World Brain Tumor Day 2023 Theme is “Protect Yourself, Avoid Stress”
- In 2022, the theme of World Tumor Day is ‘Together We Are Stronger’.
World Brain Tumour Day 2023: History
- German Brain Tumor Association (Deutsche Hirntumorhilfe e.V.) observed the first World Brain Tumor Day for supporting brain tumour patients.
- It was founded in the year 1998.
What Is Brain Tumor?
- A brain tumour is a kind of disorder in which brain cells grow abnormally.
- These tumours can either be malignant or they can be non-cancerous (benign).
- The grading of the tumour from 1 to 4 depends on the location and how fast the cells grow and spread to other vital organs.
- It can originate in any part of your brain like membranes, cranial nerves, pituitary gland or pineal gland.
World Brain Tumour Day: Types
- It has been Categorised into primary and secondary, primary brain tumours refer to originate in the brain and most of them are benign. however, Secondary brain tumours refer to be metastatic and occur when the cancer cells from other organs like the lungs and breast, spread to the brain.
Symptoms of brain tumour–
- Blurred vision or double vision
- A change in mental functioning
- Difficulty in physical movements
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App