Vijay Sampla appointed NCSC chairperson – BJP leader and former Union minister Vijay Sampla is appointed as the chairperson of the National Commission for Scheduled Castes (NCSC) for a second time. President Ram Nath Kovind issued the official order for his appointment.
- Vijay Sampla resigned from the post of NCSC chairman ahead of the Punjab elections.
Who is Vijay Sampla
- He is a prominent Dalit politician from Punjab.
- He started his political career in 1998 as the sarpanch of Sofipind village in Jalandhar Cantonment.
- Sampla served in the Punjab government.
- He also served as the chairman of the Punjab Khadi Board between 2008 and 2012 and the chairman of the Punjab State Forest Development Corporation in 2014.
- In 2015, He was elected to the Lok Sabha from Hoshiarpur and served as a Union minister.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.