transit permits for timber forest produce
- The Environment Ministry has started off National Transit Pass System (NTPS). NTPS is an online system that is to help issuing transit permits for timber, bamboo, and other forest produce. Union Minister of Environment Shri Prakash Javadekar ji commenced it virtually. this pilot project will be in working in the states of Madhya Pradesh and Telangana for now.
What is National Transit Pass System (NTPS) ?
- The main purpose of NTPS is to increase the seamless movement of forest produce.
- NTPS is also a kind of role-based and work-flow based application and will be available on computers and mobile devices.
- The Process of getting permits would be made faster by system and will help to save time and energy.
- Using mobile application, An E-Pass can be released for transit of forest produce under NTPS system.
- there will no be requirement of paper-based transit system and online system will take place of paper-based transit system and will start bringing in one permit for whole India for transit of timber, bamboo and other minor forest produce in the view of ease of doing business.