Today Top Current Affairs 8th June 2023: Daily Top GK Updates for Bank Exam – PrepareExams’s Current Affairs GK Today Section offers the latest and Best Daily Current Affairs 2023-2024 for UPSC, IAS/PCS, Banking, IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, MPSC, KPSC and other competitive exams.
Today Top Current Affairs 8th June 2023 – Top GK
Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya unveils 5th State Food Safety Index on World Food Safety Day
Dr Mansukh Mandaviya launched the 5th State Food Safety Index (SFSI), which assesses the performance of states and union territories across six different aspects of food safety. The main objective of the SFSI is to foster healthy competition and catalyze positive change in the food safety ecosystem throughout the country, ultimately ensuring the provision of safe and wholesome food to all residents. Also, Mansukh Mandaviya felicitated the winners based on their rankings for the year 2022-23.
Minimum Support Prices (MSP) for Kharif Crops for Marketing Season 2023-24
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved the increase in the Minimum Support Prices (MSP) for all mandated Kharif Crops for Marketing Season 2023-24. The Cabinet was headed by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- MSP of Kharif Crops for Marketing Season 2023-24 by the Indian govt will ensure remunerative prices to the growers for their produce and encourage crop diversification, as provided in the table below:
Japan Joins $95 million undersea cable project
On June 6th, The Japanese government announced joining the United States and Australia as signatories to a US$95 million undersea cable project to improve connectivity in the Indo-Pacific region and connect the island nations of Eastern Micronesia.
- The roughly 2,250-kilometer-long project aims to connect the Tarawa regions of Kosre and Kiribati in the Federated States of Micronesia with the cable landing site of Bonpe in Micronesia through an undersea cable version.
inflation rate in Bangladesh
Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS) released the latest data and Bangladesh recorded its highest monthly inflation rate in over a decade as the monthly inflation crossed 9.94% in May. It is the highest inflation rate since 2010-11 when it was reported to be 10.11%.
- The increase in inflation has been caused to the rise in food and non-food prices during this period.
- The average inflation for the period June 2022 to May 2023 went up to 8.84 % which is higher than the budgetary target of 5.6%.
Madhya Pradesh CM Learn and Earn scheme
The State Cabinet of Madhya Pradesh chaired by Chief Minister (CM) Shivraj Singh Chouhan launched a new scheme called ‘MukhyamantriSikhoKamaoYojana’ (Chief Minister Learn and Earn Scheme) to offer an opportunity to learn skills for unemployed youths.
- It will offer employment-oriented skill training to youth.
- A stipend along with training and skill upgradation will be provided to the youths.
World Oceans Day 2023
Every year, World Oceans Day is celebrated on 8 June to raise awareness among people regarding the significance of oceans, and the importance of preserving and conserving ocean resources.
- World Oceans Day acts as a reminder to realize and appreciate the contribution of oceans in our lives, from delivering food to regulating and supporting biodiversity and the climate.
- The theme of World Oceans Day 2023 is “Planet Ocean: The Tides are Changing.”
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.