Today Top Current Affairs 4 May 2021
Daily Current Affairs 4 May 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 4 May 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Barclays cuts India’s GDP Growth Forecast to 10% in FY22
Barclays has downgraded India’s GDP growth estimate for 2021-22 (FY22) to 10 percent. prior to this, Barclays projected 11 percent.
- Along with it, Barclays projected India’s economy to contract by 7.6 percent in FY21.
About Barclays –
CEO: Jes Staley
Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
Founded: 20 July 1896
Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan gives resignation to Governor Arif Mohammed Khan
On 3rd May 2021, The Chief Minister of Kerala Shri Pinarayi Vijayan has given his resignation letter to Governor Arif Mohammed Khan.
- Vijayan will take sworn as a chief minister soon and will continue to serve till sworn.
- He was elected as 12th CM of Kerala on 25 May 2016.
Lewis Hamilton wins Portuguese Grand Prix 2021
On 2nd May 2021, Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain) has clinched the 2021 Portuguese Grand Prix at the Algarve International Circuit in Portugal.
- Followed by Max Verstappen (Red Bull Racing-Netherlands) got 2nd place and Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes-Finland) was 3rd.
- Hamilton won his 2nd win of the season and 96th career win.
- before this, he won the 2021 Formula One World Championship.
Sri Lankan Player Thisara Perera Announces Retirement from International Cricket
On 3rd May 2021, Sri Lanka all-rounder Thisara Perera has decided to take retirement from international cricket. he was also the former captain of the Sri Lanka team.
- He gave 12 years to Cricket. however, The 32-year-old Perera will continue playing domestic and franchise cricket.
Thisara Perera Cricket Career:
- He played 6 Tests, 166 ODIs (2338 runs, 175 wickets), and 84 T20Is (1204 runs, 51 wickets) for Sri Lanka
- He made his debut in December 2009.
Thisara Perera also has represented in 11 ICC Tournaments
- 2 Under 19 World Cup (2006, 2008)
- 4 ICC T20 Cricket World Cup (2010,2012,2014,2016)
- 3 ICC Cricket World Cup (2011, 2015, 2019)
- 2 ICC Champions Trophy (2013, 2017)
World Press Freedom Day 2021
World Press Freedom Day 2021: The World Press Freedom Day is marked on 3rd May every year across the world. it aims to create awareness of the importance of freedom of the press and roles in reminding Govts of their duty to respect and uphold the right to freedom of expression.
World Press Freedom Day: History
In 1991, a recommendation was brought at the 26th General Conference session of UNESCO. In 1993, the United Nations General Assembly declared the day of 3rd May as the World Press Freedom Day.
World Press Day Theme 2021:
The theme for World Press Day 2021 is “Information as a Public Good.”
International Firefighters Day 2021
International Firefighters’ Day (IFFD) 2021: The day of 4th May is marked as International Firefighters’ Day (IFFD) every year across the world. it aims to recognize and honor the sacrifices that firefighters make to ensure that their communities and environment are as safe as possible.
International Firefighters’ Day (IFFD): History
Five firefighters in tragic circumstances in a bushfire at Linton in Victoria in Australia died on 2nd December 1998. after that, The day was proclaimed.