Today Top Current Affairs 4 January 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
Sushmita Dev a lone woman MP in 31-member panel reviewing legal marriage age
Trinamool Congress MP Sushmita Dev announced to ensure all voices are heard when the Standing Committee on Education, Women, Children, Youth and Sports takes up the Prohibition of Child Marriage (Amendment) Bill.
- The Prohibition of Child Marriage (Amendment) Bill, 2021 seeks to increase the legal age of women for marriage from 18 to 21 and will amend the “Prohibition of Child Marriage Act, 2006” and seven personal laws includng –
- Indian Christian Marriage Act
- the Parsi Marriage and Divorce Act
- the Muslim Personal Law (Shariat) Application Act
- the Special Marriage Act
- the Hindu Marriage Act
- the Foreign Marriage Act.
NTPC plans to acquire 5% equity in Power Exchange of India Ltd
NTPC Ltd, a State-owned power generation company has planned to acquire a 5% equity stake in Power Exchange of India Ltd (PXIL).
- Govt is looking to expand the share of the spot power market in total electricity supply in India to 25% by 2023-24.
SBI Card joins hand with Paytm for card tokenisation
SBI Cards and Payment Services have partnered with Paytm for card tokenisation to protect the data of cardholders. SBI Card will enable cardholders to tokenise their cards on devices and make payments through Paytm
What is card tokenisation
- Tokenisation is known as masking the original card number by replacing it with a set of unique characters, called a token, it secures the customer’s card details when a transaction is under process.
Atul Kumar Goel as ‘officer on special duty’ in PNB
Atul Kumar Goel has assumed the charge as an ‘officer on special duty, before taking over as its new MD and CEO next month with effect from January 1, 2022,
- He will take charge as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the bank with effect from February 1, 2022 and will replace S S Mallikarjuna Rao.
Vinay Kumar Tripathi as new Chairman & CEO of Railway Board
The Cabinet Appointment Committee (ACC) has announced to appoint Vinay Kumar Tripathi, General Manager, Northeastern Railway as the new Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Railway Board, New Delhi.
- Vinay Kumar Tripathi will take place of Suneet Sharma
- Tripathi holds a B.Tech (Electrical Engineering) and has served as Assistant Electrical Engineer on the Northern Railway.
- He will serve for a period of six-months from January 01, 2022 and he is also ranted a six-month extension as well, up to December 2022.
Indian photojournalist Danish Siddiqui gets RedInk Journalist of the Year 2020 Award Posthumously
Indian photojournalist Danish Siddiqui has been honoured with the prestigious RedInk Award for ‘Journalist of the Year’ 2020 posthumously. Danish Siddiqui was killed in July 2021 during a clash while reporting a fight between Afghan troops and the Taliban in Afghanistan.
- his wife Frederike Siddiqui received the prestigious RedInk Award for ‘Journalist of the Year’ 2020 and received a cash prize of Rs. 1 lakh, a trophy, and a citation.
- the Chief Justice of India N. V. Ramana presented the 10th edition of the award to Indian photojournalist Danish Siddiqui.
Pakistan all-rounder Mohammad Hafeez retires from international cricket
Former Pakistan skipper and all-rounder Mohammad Hafeez has taken his retirement from international cricket at the age of 41. in 2018, he announced his retirement from Test cricket.
- Mohammad Hafeez made his ODI debut against Zimbabwe in 2003 and his last ODI was against Bangladesh in July 2019.
- He played his first T20 debut in September 2006 against England.
World Braille Day 2022
Every year, World Braille Day is observed on 4 January across the world. this day highlights the importance of Braille as a means of communication for partially sighted and blind people.
- It also marks the birth anniversary of Louis Braille, who was born on 4th January 1809. Louis Braille invented the Braille system, after being blinded at a young age.
- The main purpose of this day is to recognize the right of access to braille by blind people.
- it also creates awareness of the importance of braille as a means of communication in the full realization of the human rights for blind and partially sighted people.
Daily Current Affairs 4 January 2022 2021: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @ PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.