Today Top Current Affairs 2 & 3 January 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
Dharmendra Pradhan launches 100 days reading campaign ‘Padhe Bharat’
The Union Education Minister, Dharmendra Pradhan has launched a 100-day reading campaign titled ‘Padhe Bharat’ on 1st January 2021. ‘Padhe Bharat’, a 100 days (14 weeks) reading campaign will be conducted from January 01, 2022, to April 10, 2022.
- The 100-day reading campaign is in alignment with the National Education Policy 2020 that will help in emphasizing the promotion of joyful reading culture for children by ensuring the availability of age-appropriate reading books for children in the local/mother tongue/regional/tribal language.
- It will focus on promoting a joyful reading experience amongst students who are studying in Balvatika to Grade 8.
- The main purpose of it is to have the participation of all the stakeholders at the national and state level, including children, parents, communities, educational administrators, etc.
PM lays the foundation stone of Major Dhyan Chand Sports University in Meerut
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has laid the foundation stone of Major Dhyan Chand Sports University in Meerut, Uttar Pradesh and will be the first sports university in Uttar Pradesh. Meerut will have the Sports University and will be built at the cost of about Rs 700 Crore.
- The Major Dhyan Chand Sports University will have modern and state of the art sports infrastructure including synthetic Hockey ground, Football ground, Basketball / Volleyball / Handball / Kabaddi ground, Lawn tennis court, Gymnasium hall, Synthetic running stadium, Swimming pool, Multipurpose hall and a Cycling velodrome.
- It will also provide house facilities for Shooting, Squash, Gymnastics, Weightlifting, Archery, Canoeing and Kayaking, among other facilities.
SEBI reconstitutes advisory committee on market data, S Sahoo as Head
Sebi has reformed its advisory committee on market data that aims to measure pertaining to areas such as securities market data access and privacy.
- Sebi has appointed Professor at National Law University, Delhi and former chairperson, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India S Sahoo as Panel Head.
SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India) –
- Founded: 12 April 1992
- Headquarters: Mumbai
19th Tranche Of Electoral Bonds Approved, Sale from January 1st
Indian Govt has approved the issuance of the 19th tranche of electoral bonds, which will be open for sale between 1st January 2022 and 10th January 2022.
- Electoral bonds will be an alternative to cash donations made to political parties as part of efforts to bring transparency in political funding.
- Prior to this, The sale of the first batch of electoral bonds took place between 1st March and 10th March 2018..
Assembly elections for 5 states
- Uttar Pradesh,
- Himachal Pradesh
IIT Madras Topped Atal Rankings (ARIIA) 2021 for a third straight year
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras has ranked 1st among the centrally funded technical institutes in the Centre’s Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) 2021. as per the ARIIA ranking 2021, IIT Madras has been recognised as the most innovative technical institute for the third consecutive year.
- Followed by IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IT Kanpur, and IIT Roorkee have been ranked at the top five centrally funded institutions in the list respectively.
- Minister of State for Education Subhas Sarkar released The 2021 ‘Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) on December 29, 2021.
- a total of 3,551 higher education institutions registered, 1438 institutions participated.
List of Winners of Sahitya Academy Awards 2021
Sahitya Akademi has announced its prestigious Sahitya Akademi Awards for 2021, Yuva Puraskar and Bal Sahitya Puraskar 2021 in 20 languages on December 30, 2021.
List of Winners of the Sahitya Academy Awards 2021
- Anuradha Sarma Pujari (Assamese)
- Bratya Basu (Bengali)
- Hrushikesh Mallick (Odia)
- Khalid Hussain (Punjabi)
- Meethesh Nirmohi (Rajasthani)
- Vindeshwariprasad Mishr “Vinay” (Sanskrit)
- Niranjan Hansda (Santali)
- Arjun Chawla (Sindhi)
- Ambai (Tamil)
- Gorati Venkanna (Telugu)
- Mwdai Gahai (Bodo)
- Raj Rahi (Dogri)
- Namita Gokhale (English)
- Daya Prakash Sinha (Hindi)
- DS Nagabhushana (Kannada)
- Wali Mohd Aseer Kashtawari (Kashmiri)
- Sanjiv Verenkar (Konkani)
- George Onakkoor (Malayalam)
- Kiran Gurav (Marathi)
- Chhabilal Upadhyaya (Nepali)
France takes over EU Presidency for six months from January 2022
France has taken charge of the presidency of the Council of the European Union with effect from January 01, 2022, and will hold the EU presidency for the next six months till June 30, 2022.
- France holds the rotating presidency for the 13th time.
- The country will work for the continent’s digitization and climate protection at the forefront.
- The motto of France as EU President is “recovery, strength, belonging.”
- In July 2022, the Czech Republic will hold the presidency of the Council of the European Union upon the completion of six months presidency.
India chairs UNSCs Counter-Terrorism Committee from January 2022
India has taken charge as the chairmanship of the United Nations Security Council’s Counter-Terrorism Committee. India will hold chairmanship for one year, beginning from January 01, 2022, till January 01, 2023.
- India has hold the chairmanship of the committee in 2011-12.
- India has favoured the UNSC resolution to renew the mandate of the Counter-Terrorism Committee Executive Directorate.
Bollywood Producer Vijay Galani Passes Away in London
Hindi film producer Vijay Galani passed away in London due to organ failure. Galani was suffering from blood cancer and was taking treatment in London.
- Vijay Galani is known as the producer of a few big-budget films in Bollywood including Salman Khan’s 2010 film Veer.
Daily Current Affairs 2 & 3 January 2022 2021: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @ PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.