Today Top Current Affairs 4 February 2021
Daily Current Affairs 4 February 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 4 February 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our daily current affairs.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands as 1st UT to be free of COVID-19
The Andaman and Nicobar Islands becomes the first Union Territory of the country which is declared as free from the COVID-19 Virus with Zero active cases.
- As per the Union Health Ministry, there were four infected patients in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands now, they have been cured.
- before this, Andaman and Nicobar Islands had a total of 4,932 infected cases and 62 deaths due to COVID-19.
Chiefs of Air Staff (CAS) Conclave
On 3rd February 2021, Indian Defence Minister Rajnath Singh begins the ‘Chiefs of Air Staff (CAS) Conclave’ at Air Force Station Yelahanka in Bengaluru.
- The conclave will run for two days and will end on 4th February 2021.
- 2-Days conclave was organized by Indian Air Force in a Hybrid Form with extensive use of digital media.
- It will be a platform where Chiefs of Air Staff from 74 Nations will come together and will share their thoughts on current issues associated with aerospace power strategy and technological developments.
PHDCCI International Economic Resilience Rank
As per the International Economic Resilience (IER) Rank, Germany has topped and India will be the 2nd most resilient economy in 2021. the report was released by PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI).
- Followed by South Korea has got the 3rd place in ranking.
International Economic Resilience (IER) Rank indicators
- real GDP growth rate,
- merchandise export growth rate,
- current account balance (as a percentage of GDP),
- general government net lending/borrowing (as a percentage of GDP)
- gross debt-to-GDP ratio.
Andy Jassy as new CEO of Amazon
The CEO and founder of Amazon Jeff Bezos decided to step down from the CEO post and Andy Jassy will serve as chief executive. Jeff Bezos will start serving as Executive Chairman of Amazon.
- their appointments will come into effect from July.
- Prior to this, Andy Jassy worked as the chief executive of Amazon’s cloud computing division. now he will assume the post of Amazon CEO.
US actress Cicely Tyson died at 96
The noted US actress Cicely Tyson has taken has passed away at the age of 96. She received the Tony Award in 2013.
- Along with it, She was an Oscar nomination for her role as the sharecropper’s wife in ‘Sounder’
World Cancer Day on 4 February
The day of 4th February is observed as World Cancer Day every year. this day is celebrated by the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC).
- The main purpose of this day is to create awareness and education about cancer, and pressing governments and individuals in the world so that actions could be taken against the disease.
World Cancer Day Theme 2021
- The theme 2021 of World Cancer Day is: ‘I Am And I Will’ and is a reminder of the enduring power of cooperation and collective action.