Today Top Current Affairs 30 April 2021
Daily Current Affairs 30 April 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 30 April 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
India’s first 3D printed house at IIT-M
On 27th April 2021, Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has made the inauguration of the country’s first 3D printed house at IIT, Madras. it has been conceived by former alumni and built in just five days.
- IIT-Madras-based start-up ‘TVASTA Manufacturing Solutions’ has built this house with the help of Habitat for Humanity’s Terwilliger Centre for Innovation in Shelter.
ICICI Bank launches Digital banking Platform ‘Merchant Stack’
The ICICI Bank launched ‘Merchant Stack’. it is a set of India’s most comprehensive digital banking services specially curated for retail merchants.
‘Merchant Stack’ provides
- a new account i.e. Super Merchant Current Account’.
- two instant credit facilities such as ‘Merchant Overdraft’ and ‘Express Credit
- Digital Store Management facility to take merchants’s business online
- value-added services
How to take benefits of the ‘Merchant Stack’
the merchant needs to download the InstaBIZ app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Merchants (If he is not an ICICI customer), will be able to open a zero balance current account using the InstaBIZ app in a digital manner.
About ICICI Bank –
CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
Founder: Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India
Founded: June 1994, Vadodara
Expenditure Secretary T V Somanathan as Finance Secretary
T V Somanathan will start serving as the new Finance Secretary. his appointment has been approved by The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC).
- He will take place of Ajay Bhushan Pandey.
- He is an IAS officer of the Tamil Nadu cadre from the 1987 batch.
- He has served as the Secretary, Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance.
Ravindra Jadeja as Brand Ambassador of ASICS in India
India’s all-rounder cricketer Ravindra Jadeja has been elected as ASICS’s brand ambassador in India.
- ASICS is a Japanese Sportswear brand.
- ASICS is promoted by actor Tiger Shroff.
- In Asia, ASICS currently has more than 55 stores across India, Sri Lanka, and Bhutan.
American Astronaut-Pilot Michael Collins Passes Away
The American astronaut, Michael Collins has taken his last breath at the age of 90 due to cancer. he was the command module pilot for the Apollo 11 mission to the moon.
- In 1969, a three-man Apollo 11 crew mission was conducted and Collins was on this mission with Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin.
- As an astronaut, Collins served for a period of seven years with NASA.
International Jazz Day 2021
The International Jazz Day is observed on 30th April annually across the world. it highlights the importance of jazz and its diplomatic role of uniting people.
- In 2011, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) declared this day to observe.
- It also marks jazz pianist and UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador Herbie Hancock.