Today Top Current Affairs 28 April 2021
Daily Current Affairs 28 April 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 28 April 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
SIPRI Report 2021: India as 3rd Biggest Military Spender in World in 2020
On 26th April 2021, the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) published its report titled ‘SIPRI Military Expenditure Database’. as per the report, India has been as the third biggest military spender in the world in 2020.
- And the United States has topped in the term of military spender in the world in 2020 with $778 billion and followed by China is at 2nd place with $252 billion.
- China, India ($72.9 billion), Japan ($49.1 billion), South Korea ($45.7 billion), and Australia ($27.5 billion) were the largest military spenders in the Asia and Oceania region.
Shivalik Small Finance Bank Limited starts its Operations
On 26th April 2021, The UP-based Shivalik Small Finance Bank Limited has started its operations as a Small Finance Bank (SFB) and becomes the first urban co-operative bank (UCB) in India that gets a license from RBI.
- RBI issued a license to SFB under Section 22 (1) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
Oxford Economics cuts India’s FY22 GDP Growth Forecast to 10.2%
The Oxford Economics has downwarded the GDP growth forecast for India country to 10.2 % for the fiscal 2021-22. prior to this, Oxford Economics pojected at 11.8 percent.
- This downward is due to health burden, weak vaccination rate, and lack of a convincing Indian Govt strategy to tackle the pandemic.
About Oxford Economics-
Headquarters: Oxford, United Kingdom
The Living Mountain: A Fable for Our Times Book by Amitav Ghosh
The author Amitav Ghosh has written A new book titled “The Living Mountain” and will be released in January 2022. HarperCollins Publishers India will publish The book.
- Along with it, this book will be available in Hindi, and as an ebook and an audiobook for readers.
- The book highlights a story about Mahaparbat, the Living Mountain; the indigenous valley dwellers who live and prosper in its shelter; the assault on the mountain for commercial benefit by the Anthropoi, humans whose sole aim is to reap the benefits of nature; and the disaster that unfolds as a result.
Whereabouts Novel by Jhumpa Lahiri
The famous American author Jhumpa Lahiri has introduced her new novel titled “Whereabouts”. It is an English translation of the Italian novel ‘Ias Dove Mi Trovo’.
- Ias Dove Mi Trovo Italian novel was written by Jhumpa Lahiri in 2018.
- This book highlights an unnamed female protagonist more than 45 years as she looks at her life, glancing, sideways, back and forth, chronicling life, relationships, and burden of relationships, in short, succinct chapters.
Rafael Nadal clinches 12th Barcelona Open title, beats Stefanos Tsitsipas
The Spanish Tennis player maestro Rafael Nadal has won the 2021 Barcelona Open single’s title. in the final, he defeated Stefanos Tsitsipas (Greece) by 6-4, 6-7 (6-8), 7-5 points.
- This was 12th Barcelona Open title of his career.
Noted Gujarati poet and folk singer Dadudan Gadhvi Died at 80
The famous and noted Gujarati poet and folk singer Dadudan Pratapdan Gadhvi has taken his last breath at the age of 80. he was also known as Kavi Dad.
- he wrote songs for 15 Gujarati films.
- In 2021, he was honored with Padma Shri for his contribution to literature and education.
World Day for Safety and Health at Work 2021
The day of 28th April is observed as World Day for Safety and Health at Work every year across the world.
it aims to create awareness for promoting safe, healthy and decent work.
- In 2003, International Labour Organization (ILO) promoted this day in order to prevent accidents and illnesses at work.
- The theme 2021 is “Anticipate, prepare and respond to crises – Invest Now in Resilient Occupational Safety and Health Systems”.
Workers Memorial Day 2021
The Workers’ Memorial Day is marked on 28th April every year. this day is also called international Commemoration Day for Dead and Injured Workers.
- it aims to remember workers who have killed in incidents at work or by diseases caused by work.
- to honor the victims of occupational accidents and diseases by organizing worldwide mobilizations and creating awareness campaigns on this date.
- Theme 2021: ‘Health and Safety is a fundamental workers‘ right.’