Today Top Current Affairs 26 May 2022 – Top 10 GK Current Affairs PDF for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
HDFC Bank and Retailio launch co-branded credit cards for chemists, pharmacies
HDFC Bank launched a new range of co-branded credit cards primarily targeted at chemists and pharmacies in the merchant segment with Retailio and Will cover over 1.4 lakh merchants in the first phase of its roll-out.
- Along with it, it will also be available to over 1 lakh customers of Retailio.
- Chemists, retailers, distributors, pharmacists, and hospitals will be able to use the Retailio mobile App and web interface to place orders with their respective distributors.
Uttarakhand Govt and BPCL inked MoU for renewable energy projects
Uttarakhand government has signed an MoU with Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL). while signing an MoU, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami was present for the promotion of the renewable energy industry and other projects in the state.
- The MoU will help in the development of new and renewable energy projects in the state.
- Secretary of State for Energy R Meenakshi Sundaram and Shelly Abraham, BPCL’s chief general manager (renewable energy), and executive director Amit Garg signed the documents on behalf of BPCL.
Meenakshi Lekhi attended the 7th BRICS Culture Ministers’ Meeting
Minister of State for Culture and External Affairs Smt. Meenakshi Lekhi participated in the 7th BRICS Culture Ministers’ Meeting through video conference, which was hosted by the People’s Republic of China.
- The theme of the 7th BRICS Culture Ministers’ Meeting was “Establishing a Cultural Partnership Featuring Inclusiveness and Mutual Learning among BRICS”., focusing the discussion were promoting the development and cooperation on cultural digitalization, strengthening cooperation on cultural heritage protection and advancing the building of cultural exchange platforms of BRICS countries.
SBI launched Real Time Xpress Credit on YONO platform
State Bank of India (SBI) announced the introduction of Real Time Xpress Credit on its Yono platform which will allow eligible customers to get personal loans of up to ₹35 lakh.
- The flagship personal loan product for salaried customers – Xpress Credit.
- customers can now avail of it through Yono.
- The Xpress Credit product aims to enable our customers to experience a digital, hassle-free, and paperless loan process.
- Credit checks, eligibility, sanction and documentation will now be accomplished digitally in real-time
Veteran Communist leader Shivaji Patnaik passes away at 93
Veteran Communist leader and three-time Member of Parliament Shivaji Patnaik passed away at the age of 93. Shivaji Patnaik is lauded as the founder of CPI (Marxist) in Odisha.
- He was born on August 10, 1930 and joined the State student’s movement at the age of 17 when he was studying at Ravenshaw College.
- He played an essential role in the formation of CPI(M) when the Communist party faced division in 1964.
- He was the party secretary from 1971 to 1990.
- In 1977, he was first elected to Lok Sabha.
World Air Power Index 2022
World Directory of Modern Military Aircraft (WDMMA) has released the World Air Powers Ranking of 2022. as per the World Air Power Index 2022, The Indian Air Force (IAF) was placed in 3rd place on the World Air Power Index in terms of the total fighting strength of the various air services of different nations of the world.
- IAF is above the Chinese Aviation based armed forces (PLAAF), Japan Air Self-Preservation Power (JASDF), Israeli Aviation based armed forces, and French Air and Space Power with 1,645 total units in its active aircraft inventory.
- United States Air Force (USAF) has been placed at the top in the Global Air Powers Ranking (2022) report.
Music Academy announces Sangita Kalanidhi awards
Music Academy has announced to present the Sangita Kalanidhi and other awards to various artistes from the period 2020 to 2022.
- The Sangita Kalanidhi will be presented to renowned vocalist Neyveli R Santanagopalan (2020), eminent mridangam artiste Tiruvarur Bhakthavathsalam (2021) and violin duo Lalgudi GJR Krishnan and Vijayalakshmi (2022).
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M K Stalin will present the awards at the 96th Annual Conference and Concerts on December 15, 2022, N Murali, President, Music Academy.
Daily Current Affairs 26th May 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.