Today Top Current Affairs 24 July 2021
24th July 2021 Read Daily GK Update, Daily GK, Current Affairs for Bank Exam – Daily Current Affairs 24 July 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams. read all the Today Current affairs 24 July 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
Pedro Castillo Won Presidential Election of Peru
Pedro Castillo has won the 2021 Presidential election of Peru. Pedro Castillo will be sworn in as the President on 28th July 2021. in the Presidential election of Peru 2021, Castillo secured 50.1% of the votes to win the election.
About Peru –
Aramane Giridhar gets additional charge of NHAI Chairman
The Secretary of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) Mr. Aramane Giridhar has been given the additional charge of the post of Chairman, National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).
- He will take place of Sukhbir Singh Sandhu who has been elected as the new Chief Secretary of Uttarakhand.
- Giridhar will assume the post till new appointment or until further orders.
About National Highways Authority of India –
Headquarters: New Delhi.
Mr. Duvvuri Subbarao unveiled a book ‘Bank With A Soul: Equitas’
The Former Governor of RBI Mr. Duvvuri Subbarao has unveiled a book ‘Bank With A Soul: Equitas’. the book has been authored by Dr. C K Garyali. the book chronicles the journey of Equitas and EDIT in transforming the lives of women with frequent social reform initiatives helping them set up micro-enterprises. Duvvuri Subbarao is a founder trustee of EDIT (Equitas Development Initiative Trust).
Vice President releases book titled Palleku Pattabhishekam
Vice President of India, M Venkaiah Naidu has released a book titled ‘Palleku Pattabhishekam’. the book has been authored by former MP Yalamanchili Sivaji. ‘Palleku Pattabhishekam’ book is based on rural India and agriculture. The Vice President has said that villages and agriculture are intrinsically connected and we must address their issues holistically to bring ‘Gram Swarajya’ to our villages through this book.
U GRO Capital tie-up with Bank of Baroda for MSME co-lending
U GRO Capital has made a partnership with the Bank of Baroda for co-lending to the micro, small and medium enterprise (MSME) sector. Under the co-lending program Pratham, Bank of Baroda, and U GRO will together provide loans worth Rs 1,000 crore to MSMEs. both entities will dispense the entire amount by the end of this financial year. The loan amount will range between ₹50 lakh and ₹2.5 crores to be offered at an interest rate starting from 8 per cent with a maximum tenure of 120 months.
- This Program is accessible in nine locations in Delhi, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Pune, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Kolkata.
About Bank Of Baroda –
Headquarters: Alkapuri, Vadodara
Founder: Sayajirao Gaekwad III
Founded: 20 July 1908, Vadodara
About U GRO Capital –
Dvara E-Dairy ties up with IFFCO Tokio General Insurance for AI-led tag
Dvara E-Dairy Solutions has introduced artificial intelligence (AI) led digital tag ‘Surabhi e-Tag’ in partnership with IFFCO Tokio General Insurance. the ‘Surabhi e-Tag’ will help in identifying cattle based on muzzle identity. it will also be used for cattle insurance products offered by IFFCO Tokio General Insurance.
About IFFCO Tokio General Insurance –
CEO: Anamika Roy Rashtrawar
Madhya Pradesh Para Shooter Rubina Francis gets gold at Peru event
Madhya Pradesh shooter, Rubina Francis has won gold in the 10-meter air pistol para-event for women at the ongoing Para Sport Cup in Peru. Rubina has made a world record. she scored 238.1 points and left Aysegul Pehlivanlar of Turkey behind. her win also secured the quota for India at the Tokyo Summer Paralympics 2020.
- Rubina Francis has received more than 15 medals from national and international events.
- At present, she is training under the guidance of Jaspal Rana, former shooter, and coach of the Junior Indian Pistol Shooting Team.
Sandesh Jhingan Named AIFF Men’s Footballer Of Year
On 21st July 2021, Senior India defender Sandesh Jhingan was named the AIFF men’s Footballer of the Year. It is the first time that the towering central defender has achieved the AIFF Player of the Year award, having won the Emerging Player of the Year Award in 2014.
- On the other hand, the midfielder Suresh Singh Wangjam was picked as the Emerging Player for 2020-21 season and wins Emerging Player award.
Senior India defender Sandesh Jhingan
- In 2015, Jhingan made his senior national team debut in Guwahati.
- He has gone on to make 40 appearances for the Blue Tigers, scoring four goals.
- Jhingan was also part of the Indian side that lifted the Intercontinental Cup in 2018.
- In 2019, he has played a memorable draw at the home of the Asian champions Qatar.
- Jhingan has captained the senior team on five occasions, the most recent being the international friendly against Oman in Dubai in March.
G20 Environment Ministers Meeting 2021
The G20 Environment Ministers’ Meeting 2021 will be hosted by Italy in October 2021. The G20 meeting is one of the ministerial meetings conducted as part of the G20 Leaders Summit 2021. The G20 Meeting 2021 will focus on three broad, interconnected pillars of action: People, Planet, Prosperity. the main aim of this meeting will be to ensuring a swift international response to the COVID-19 pandemic and is to provide equitable, worldwide access to diagnostics, therapeutics, and vaccines.
- From the Indian side, Union Environment Minister, Bhupender Yadav. Minister of State, Ashwini Kumar Choubey and senior officers of the Ministry of Environment, Forest, and Climate Change represented the nation.
Noted Carnatic Classical Violinist Sikkil R Bhaskaran passes away
The noted Carnatic Classical Violinist ‘Kalaimaamani’ Sikkil Shri R Bhaskaran passed away at the age of 85. he was 11 years old when He started learning the Violin from Thiruvarur Shri Subba Iyer and later trained under Mayuram Shri Govindarajan Pillai.
- He has served for nearly 2 decades in Chennai radio Station between 1976 and 1994.
- he also served as an Executive Committee member of the Thiruvaiyaru Thyaga Brahma Festival for over 2 decades.
- He was bestowed with many laurels, Awards & Honours.