Today Top Current Affairs 24 August 2021: Daily Gk Update
Daily Current Affairs 24 August 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
TAKE TEST – Click on Daily Current Affairs Quiz 24th August 2021
IIT Madras develops India’s first indigenous motorised wheelchair vehicle “NeoBolt”
IIT Madras has developed India’s first indigenous motorized wheelchair vehicle called ‘NeoBolt’. the NeoBolt vehicle will be used on roads and as well as on uneven terrains.
- The wheelchair vehicle will have a maximum speed of 25 kmph.
- It will be powered by a Lithium-Ion Battery.
- People can travel up to 25 km per charge.
India’s first smog tower in Connaught Place Delhi
The Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has inaugurated India’s first smog tower in Connaught Place, Delhi. the smog tower will help in purifying 1,000 cubic meters of air per second within a radius of around 1 km.
- In the beginning, the tower has been set up as a pilot project.
- Tata Projects Limited (TPL) has built the tower with technical assistance from IIT Bombay and in collaboration with IIT Delhi.
Amrit Mahotsav Shri Shakti Challenge 2021 on Women’s Safety and Empowerment
MyGov has partnered with UN Women in order to launch the Amrit Mahotsav Shri Shakti Innovation Challenge 2021. The main objective of this is to encourage technology solutions developed by Women Entrepreneurs related to Women’s Safety and Empowerment under the Multi-Partner Trust Fund (COVID-19) Programme.
- It will help in promoting ‘Nari Sashaktikaran’, and will play a role in empowering women to help them achieve their full potential.
Jitendra Singh launches New portal under Bhuvan “Yuktdhara”
Shri Jitendra Singh has launched the new portal under Bhuvan “Yuktdhara”. it will facilitate the planning of new MGNREGA assets using Remote Sensing and GIS-based information.
- It will work as a repository of assets (Geotags) created under various national rural development programs i.e. MGNREGA, Integrated Watershed Management Programme, Per Drop More Crop, and Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana, and so on.
- It would ensure quality of plan and enable a long term monitoring of the assets created over the years.
- ISRO has developed the portal with the Ministry of Rural Development jointly.
J&K Government begins online grievance redressal portal for Kashmiri migrants
The Jammu and Kashmir Govt has launched an online grievance redressal portal. the main aim of it is to address the grievances of the Kashmiri migrants. with this, Jammu and Kashmir have become the first UT that has begun a portal for migrants and have district-level grievance offices with the central grievance portal to ensure prompt action.
- Users can access the portal at the JK government’s official website: ‘Relief & Rehabilitation (M)’ (www.jkmigrantrelief.nic.in).
- The portal will cover issues and concerns related to the land and properties of the migrants of J&K.
- It will provide solutions for the correction of encroachments, trespassing, and alienation by way of fraud or distress, and so on.
Finance Minister launches the National Monetisation Pipeline worth Rs 6 lakh crore
Finance and Corporate Affairs Union Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has launched the asset monetization pipeline of Central ministries and public sector entities: ‘National Monetisation Pipeline (NMP Volumes 1 & 2)’. NITI Aayog has developed the pipeline on the mandate for ‘Asset Monetisation’ under Union Budget 2021-22.
- NMP aims to offer a medium term roadmap of the programme for public asset owners and visibility on potential assets to private sector.
Finance minister launches ‘Ubharte Sitaare Fund’
On 21st August 2021, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has launched the ‘Ubharte Sitaare Fund (USF)’ of corpus Rs 250 crore for export-oriented small and mid-sized companies in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
- India Exim Bank will provide the funds with SIDBI and will be provided under the Ubharte Sitaare Programme (USP).
- The main purpose of the Ubharte Sitaare Fund is to identify and invest in small and mid-size ventures in manufacturing and service industries with good export potential that could be future champions of export and handhold them through the growth phase.
India and ADB sign $500 million loans to expand Metro Rail Network in Bengaluru
Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Indian Govt have signed a $500 million loan agreement. the loan amount will be used in expanding the metro rail network in Bengaluru with the construction of two new metro lines totaling 56 km in length.
- Under the project, two new metro lines will be constructed along Outer Ring Road and National Highway 44 between Central Silk Board and Kempegowda International Airport with 30 stations.
- The Project is about to decongest traffic in the city area and provide seamless connectivity to the airport.
About Asian Development Bank (ADB) –
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
- President: Masatsugu Asakawa
- Founded: 19 December 1966
Nakul Chopra As Chief Executive Officer of BARC India
Television monitoring agency Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC) has appointed Nakul Chopra as its chief executive officer (CEO) effective 25 August 2021. Nakul Chopra will replace Former CEO Sunil Lulla who stepped down to pursue his ambition as an entrepreneur.
- Chopra became part of the BARC India Board in 2016.
- He also worked as the Chairman during 2018-19.
- In January 2020, he was elected as a member of BARC’s Oversight Committee.
- Also, he has served as the CEO, India and South Asia of Publicis Worldwide for over a decade.
Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC)
- Founded – 2010
- Headquarters – Mumbai
- Chairman – Punit Goenka.
Senior Tamil Nadu BJP Leader La Ganesan As Manipur Governor
Senior BJP leader from Tamil Nadu La. Ganesan has been appointed as the new governor of Manipur state. this month, Najma Heptulla retired from the post and The post was vacant.
- On 10th August, Heptulla demitted office and received the additional charge to Sikkim Governor Ganga Prasad.
About Manipur –
- Capital: Imphal
- Chief Minister: N. Biren Singh
- Official flower: Lilium mackliniae
World Water Week 2021: 23 August – 27 August
Every Year, Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) celebrates World Water Week in order to highlight the global water issues and related concerns of international development since 1991.
- In 2021, World Water Week is being observed between August 23rd, 2021 and August 27th, 2021.
- The theme for World Water Week 2021 is ‘Building Resilience Faster’.
About Stockholm International Water Institute –
- Headquarters: Stockholm, Sweden
- Founded: 1991