Today Top Current Affairs 23 February 2021
Daily Current Affairs 23 February 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 23 February 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
PM Modi inaugurates several railway projects in West Bengal
On 22nd February 2021, PM Narendra Modi inaugurated various railway projects in Hooghly, West Bengal. along with it, he also inaugurated the third line between Kalaikunda and Jhargram.
Metro Railway Extension from Noapara to Dakshineswar:
- This 4.1 km extension has been constructed at a cost of Rs. 464 crore.
- It will help in access to the two world-famous Kali Temples at Kalighat and Dakshineswar, for lakhs of tourists and devotees.
Inauguration of Railway Lines:
- The 3rd line from Kalaikunda to Jhargram over a stretch of 30 km of the 132 km long Kharagpur-Adityapur 3rd Line Project of South Eastern Railway, was sanctioned at an estimated cost of Rs. 1312 crores.
- 4th line from Dankuni to Baruipara (11.28 km) of Howrah – Bardhaman Chord Line – Cost of Rs. 195 crores.
- 3rd line from Rasulpur to Magra (42.42 km) of Howrah – Bardhaman Main Line – the cost of Rs. 759 crores.
Harsh Vardhan launches Mission Indradhanush 3.0
On 19th February 2021, Harsh Vardhan launched the Intensified Mission Indradhanush 3.0, (IMI 3.0). it aims to expand immunization coverage across the country.
- IMI 3.0 has two rounds and The first round will begin on February 22nd, 2021 and the 2nd round will start on 22nd March 2021.
- The main Focus of IMI 3.0 will be the children and pregnant women who have missed their vaccine doses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Puducherry Chief Minister V Narayanasamy Resigns
On 22nd February 2021, the Govt of Puducherry has collapsed and the V Narayanasamy, the Chief Minister of the Union Territory of Puducherry, has resigned from the post.
- Govt had 12 MLAs in the house where the majority mark is 14.
HSBC predicts India’s GDP to 11.2% for FY22
As per the HSBC, the Indian GDP will be 11.2 per cent in the coming fiscal year 2021-22 (FY22). prior to this, HSBC predicted 9 per cent GDP.
- Also, HSBC forecasted that India’ GDP will remains -6.3 percent for 2020-21.
About HSBC –
CEO – Noel Quinn
Headquarters – London, United Kingdom
Founder – Thomas Sutherland
Founded – 3 March 1865
Venkaiah Naidu released Maverick Messiah Biography
On 18th February 2021, Vice-President M Venkaiah Naidu has released a new book named ‘Maverick Messiah’. it highlights the Biography of former Andhra Pradesh CM ‘NTR’
- This book was authored by senior journalist, Ramesh Kandula.