Today Top Current Affairs 21 & 22 February 2021
Daily Current Affairs 21 & 22 February 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 21 & 22 February 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Kerala sanctions 9 crores rupees for 48 Smart Anganwadis
The Kerala Govt sanctions an amount of 9 crores rupees for setting up ’48 smart Anganwadis’. the conventional anganwadis will be converted into “smart” structures and they will have better amenities.
- The development will be constructed under the Integrated Child Development Scheme (ICDS).
- The ‘smart anganwadis’ will play an important role in caring for childhood with more child-friendly facilities so that the mental and physical development of children could be made.
Prakash Javadekar inaugurates Atal Paryavaran Bhavan in Lakshadweep
On 19th February 2021, Prakash Javadekar made inauguration the Atal Paryavaran Bhavan at Lakshadweep during his four day official visit.
- He also became part of meetings with Secretaries of various departments in Lakshadweep administration and as well as joined official programmes at Suheli, Kadmat and Bangaram islands.
Indian navy joins PASSEX Exercise In Arabian Sea with Indonesian Navy
On 18th February 2021, the Indian navy and Indonesia navy have conducted a military exercise named Passage Exercise (PASSEX) in the Arabian sea.
- The main purpose of this Exercise was to aims to boost operational interoperability and overall cooperation among them.
- prior to this, the Indian Navy joined in maritime exercises in the last few months with a number of countries, including Japan, Russia, Australia and the US.
Australian Open 2021 Tennis Championship Winners List
On 20th February 2021, in the women’s singles, Naomi Osaka (Japan) has begged her 4th Grand Slam title. in the final match, she defeated American Jennifer Brady and clinched the Australian Open final 2021.
- On the other hand, Men’s singles final, Novak Djokovic begged his ninth (9th) Australian Open crown and the 18th Major Grand Slam overall. he beats Daniil Medvedev in the final.
List of Winners of Australian Open 2021
|Men’s Singles||Novak Djokovic (Serbia)||Daniil Medvedev (Russia)|
|Women’s Singles||Naomi Osaka (Japan)||Jennifer Brady (US)|
|Men’s Doubles||Ivan Dodig of Croatia,|
Filip Polášek (Slovakia )
|Rajeev Ram (US),|
Joe Salisbury (UK)
|Women’s Doubles||Elise Mertens (Belgium),|
Aryna Sabalenka (Belarus)
|Barbora Krejčíková (Czech Republic),|
Kateřina Siniaková(Czech Republic )
|Mixed Doubles||Barbora Krejcikova (Czech Republic)|
Rajeev Ram (US)
|Samantha Stosur (Australia)|
Matthew Ebden (Australia)
Sri Lanka Fast Bowler Dhammika Prasad retires from cricket
On 18th February 2021, The fast bowler of Sri Lanka country Dhammika Prasad has decided to take retirement from international cricket.
- He played only one T20 International Game against Australia in 2011.
World Thinking Day 2021
The day of 22nd February is observed as World Thinking Day (Thinking Day) by all Girl Scouts, Girl Guides and other girl groups worldwide.
- To think about fellow brothers and sisters around the world.
- it purposes to address their concerns and understand the true meaning of guiding.
- World Thinking Day Theme 2021 is: “Peacebuilding”.
International Mother Language Day 2021
Every year, the day of 21st February is observed as International Mother Language Day (IMLD).
- It aims to create awareness regarding linguistic and cultural diversity and to promote multilingualism.
- The International Mother Language Day theme 2021 is “Fostering multilingualism for inclusion in education and society”.