Today Top Current Affairs 22 June 2022 – Current Affairs for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Mukhyamantri Matrushakti Yojana Launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi participated in Gujarat Gaurav Abhiyan at Vadodara. during his visit, He inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of development projects worth Rs 21,000 crores. Chief Minister Shri Bhupendrabhai Patel, Union and State Ministers, People’s representatives and other dignitaries were also present.
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi participated in Gujarat Gaurav Abhiyan at Vadodara. during his visit, He inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of development projects worth Rs 21,000 crores. Chief Minister Shri Bhupendrabhai Patel, Union and State Ministers, People’s representatives and other dignitaries were also present.
PM Modi inaugurates Centre for Brain Research
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the Centre for Brain Research (CBR) and he also laid the foundation for Bagchi Parthasarathy Multispeciality Hospital at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru.
- IISc director Govindan Rangarajan, Karnataka Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai and Governor Thawar Chand Gehlot and co-founder of Infosys Kris Gopalakrishnan were also present.
- The 832-bed Bagchi Parthasarathy Multispeciality Hospital will be developed on the IISc campus and will also help in integrating science, engineering and medicine at the prestigious institute.
Former rebel warrior Gustavo Petro elected president of Colombia
Former rebel fighter Gustavo Petro has been elected as the new president of Colombia and secured 50.5% of the vote in the second round of Colombia’s presidential election held on June 19.
- Gustavo Petro will be the first leftist president of the country.
- He spent many years in Colombia’s Parliament and served in the lower house, the Chamber of Representatives, from 1991-94 and then from 1998-2006, before entering the Senate.
Ruchira Kamboj named as next Permanent Representative of India to the UN
Indian ambassador to Bhutan Ruchira Kamboj has been appointed as the next Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations in New York. Ruchira Kamboj will replace T S Tirumurti and is expected to take up the assignment shortly.
- Kamboj is an Indian Foreign Service officer and joined the Indian Foreign Service in 1987.
- She was the All India women’s topper of the 1987 Civil Services batch and the topper of the 1987 Foreign Service batch.
- She started her diplomatic journey in Paris, France, where she was posted as the Third Secretary in the Indian Embassy to France from 1989-91.
“Gautam Adani: The Man Who Changed India” Book by RN Bhaskar
The biography of billionaire industrialist, Gautam Adani, titled “Gautam Adani: The Man Who Changed India” will be released in October 2022, announced Penguin Random House (PRHI).
- “Gautam Adani: The Man Who Changed India” book has been authored by journalist-author RN Bhaskar.
- It will bring to light, for the first time, the unknown aspects of one of the richest men in the world.
- the Ahmedabad-based industrialist Gautam Adani is currently also leading the country’s largest private sector player in sectors such as airports, city gas distribution, power transmission, thermal power, edible oil, and railway lines.
US-Canadian author Ruth Ozeki wins Women’s Prize for Fiction
US-Canadian author, film-maker and Zen Buddhist priest, Ruth Ozeki received the Women’s Prize for Fiction this year for her novel ‘The Book of Form and Emptiness”.
- ‘The Book of Form and Emptiness” is the fourth novel by Ruth Ozeki and highlights the story of a thirteen-year-old boy who, after the tragic death of his father, starts to hear the voices of objects speaking to him.
- She also won a £30,000 prize at a ceremony in London, beating nominees including Elif Shafak, Meg Mason and Louise Erdrich.
DBS Bank India acquires a 9.9% stake in Svakarma Finance
DBS Bank India Ltd has acquired a 9.9% stake in Svakarma Finance for delivering relevant financial solutions to micro-enterprises through a combination of direct lending and co-lending. Svakarma Finance is a non-deposit-taking, non-banking finance company.
- DBS Bank India is looking for expanding franchises across over 300 locations and over 500 branches and envisages significant growth in SME and consumer businesses.
- It will also identify opportunities to support lending to micro-enterprises in a cost-efficient manner through its own expanded franchise as well as through partners.
Red Bull driver Max Verstappen wins Canadian Grand Prix 2022
Red Bull’s Max Verstappen has won Canadian Grand Prix 2022 and also claimed his sixth victory of the Formula 1 season.
- Verstappen’s teammate Sergio Perez was forced to retire from the race due to engine problems.
- Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton got his second podium this campaign in third.
Sunil Chhetri becomes the joint 5th highest goalscorer
Indian men’s football team captain Sunil Chhetri has become the joint fifth highest goalscorer in international football history and achieved this feat during their AFC Asian Cup Qualifier clash against Hong Kong.
- Also, Chhetri has now equalled legendary Real Madrid and Hungarian player Ferenc Puskas goals scoring exploits on the international level.
- he is now third on the list of active international goalscorers, just behind Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo and Argentina’s Lionel Messi.
- Prior to this, Chhetri surpassed legendary football player Pele’s record of 77 goals in October 2021.
Veteran Photojournalist R. Raveendran passes away at 69
Veteran photojournalist R. Raveendran passed away at the age of 69 on 19th June 2022. Raveendran was the recipient of numerous photography awards and is known for his iconic photo of Rajiv Goswami setting himself on fire during the Mandal agitation in the Capital.
- R. Raveendran also worked in AFP and ANI.
- He began his career as a teleprinter operator in AFP 1973 and then became a photographer.
Daily Current Affairs 22nd June 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.