Today Top Current Affairs 2 July 2022 – Current Affairs for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Ferdinand Marcos Jr. takes oath as Philippine president
Ferdinand Marcos Jr won the elections with 31.6 million votes and took an oath as the 17th President of the Philippines at the National Museum of Fine Arts in Manila before the Supreme Court Justice, Alexander Gesmundo. He is the son of late dictator Ferdinand Marcos Sr.
- Marcos Jr. is more popularly known as “Bongbong”.
- Ferdinand Marcos Sr. was a dictator who ruled the Philippines between 1965 and 1986 and was laid off due to abuse of human rights and increased corruption.
National Highway excellent Award 2021
Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) organized a “National Highways Excellence Awards (NHEA) 2021” ceremony at Vigyan Bhavan in the national capital under the ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’. This year, the theme of the awards was “Innovation and Excellence in Road Construction”.
- National Highways Excellence Awards-2021 were presented away in 9 categories including Excellence in Project Management, Excellence in Highway Safety, Excellence in Toll Management, Excellence in Operation and Maintenance, Innovation, Green Highways, Outstanding Work in Challenging Condition, Bridge Construction and Tunnel Construction.
KK Venugopal Re-Appointed Attorney General For Three Months
Attorney General (A-G) K.K. Venugopal has been re-appointed as the country’s top law officer for a period of three months. Venugopal’s current one-year term ended on 30th June 2022 and agreed to a short tenure following a request from the government.
- The re-appointment of Shri K.K. Venugopal, Senior Advocate as Attorney General for India with effect from July 1, 2022, for a further period of three months or until further orders.
- President of India appointed Venugopal in July 2017 to succeed Mukul Rohatgi as the A-G.
- Venugopal is an eminent advocate of the Supreme Court, who served as the Additional Solicitor General of India between 1979 and 1980.
Sandeep Kumar Gupta named as next chairman of GAIL
Director for Finance at Indian Oil Corporation Sandeep Kumar Gupta has been named as the next chairman of GAIL. The Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB) has selected Sandeep Kumar Gupta for the post of chairman and managing director of GAIL.
- 56 years old Gupta will replace Manoj Jain, who is scheduled to retire on August 31st, 2022.
- He has over 31 years of working experience at Indian Oil Corporation (IOC), the nation’s largest oil refining and fuel marketing company.
World UFO Day 2022
World UFO Day (WUD) is celebrated on July 2 every year across the world. the main purpose of this day is to dedicate the existence of Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) by World UFO Day Organization (WUFODO).
- This day also creates awareness regarding the existence of UFOs and encourages people to think about the possibility of us not being alone in the Universe.
- World UFO Day offers an opportunity for these explorers and enthusiasts to discuss, decode, and deduce multiple theories related to UFOs.
World Sports Journalist Day 2022
Every year, World Sports Journalists Day is observed on July 2 to celebrate the services of sports journalists for the promotion of sports. this day also recognizes the outstanding efforts of the journalists who bring the world of sports closer to its viewers.
- In 1924, International Sports Press Association(AIPS) was established during the Summer Olympics in Paris and Its headquarters is located in Switzerland.
- In 1994, AIPS introduced World Sports Journalists Day to celebrate the anniversary of its establishment.
International Day of Cooperatives 2022
Every year, International Day of Cooperatives is marked on the first Saturday of July. In 2022, this day will be observed on 2 July to highlight the contributions of the cooperative movement. it also raises awareness about how cooperatives work in harmony for social, cultural, and economic development.
- In 2022, the theme for the International Day of Cooperatives is “Cooperatives Build a Better World”– echoes the theme of the International Year.
- On 16 December 1992, The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) passed a resolution to proclaim the first Saturday of July 1995 as the International Day of Cooperatives.
Daily Current Affairs 2nd July 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.