World UFO Day 2022: History, Significance – World UFO Day (WUD) is celebrated on July 2 every year across the world. the main purpose of this day is to dedicate the existence of Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) by World UFO Day Organization (WUFODO).
- This day also creates awareness regarding the existence of UFOs and encourages people to think about the possibility of us not being alone in the Universe.
- World UFO Day offers an opportunity for these explorers and enthusiasts to discuss, decode, and deduce multiple theories related to UFOs.
World UFO Day 2022: History
- World UFO Day commemorates two important days which are the first widely reported UFO sightings in the world.
- On 24th June 1947, The first sighting was reported when an aviator named Kenneth Arnold claimed that he has seen what looked like a flying saucer.
- This sighting shaped the narrative of the UFO with a disk being the widely accepted appearance.
- In 2001, The first-ever World UFO Day was celebrated by a UFO researcher named Haktan Akdogan.
- In the beginning, this day was used to observe for two days.
- but, in some parts of the world, it is observed on June 24th and some observed this day on July 2nd.
World UFO Day 2022: FAQs
When is World UFO Day is observed?
World UFO Day is celebrated annually on 2 July
What is the World UFO Day?
World UFO Day is an awareness day for gathering together and watching the skies for unidentified flying objects.
How is World UFO Day celebrated?
On this day, People look at the sky together and indulge in other UFO-themed activities.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App