Today Top Current Affairs 19 January 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
Mansukh Mandaviya launches commemorative postal stamp to mark the first anniversary of Covid vaccination drive
Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya has launched a commemorative postal stamp on the Covid-19 vaccination on January 16, 2022, in order to mark one year of the Covid inoculation drive.
- The postage stamp was indigenously developed jointly by the ICMR and Bharat Biotech.
- It highlights a health worker inoculating a senior citizen with indigenously developed vaccine ‘Covaxin’.
9th Women National Ice Hockey Championship-2022
The 9th Women National Ice Hockey Championship 2022 was inaugurated by Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur at an altitude of 12,000 feet, at the Ice Skating Rink, Kaza, in Lahaul-Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh.
- the national-level ice hockey competition and development camp has been conducted in Himachal Pradesh for the first time.
- Himachal Pradesh, Telangana, Ladakh, ITBP Ladakh, Chandigarh and Delhi teams are participating in this mega sports event.
Reliance Jio begins UPI Autopay with NPCI
Reliance Jio becomes the first telecom company to launch a UPI autopay facility for both prepaid and postpaid subscribers in collaboration with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
- Jio users will be able to now recharge or pay bills by setting standing instructions on the MyJio App with the help of the autopay feature.
- Jio’s integration with UPI autopay has become the first player in the telecom industry with the unique e-mandate feature that was launched by NPCI.
- Jio users will now need to remember their recharge or renewal dates, for their chosen plan.
MobiKwik launches ClickPay for faster bill payments
India’s largest mobile wallets and Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) Fintech companies MobiKwik has launched ‘ClickPay’ in the partnership of NPCI Bharat BillPay Ltd. (NBBL).
- ClickPay will help in enabling MobiKwik customers to pay online bills including mobile, gas, water, electricity, DTH, insurance, and loan EMIs with ease.
- It will remove the need to remember individual bill details and due dates.
OxFam India releases new study report named Inequality kills
Oxfam India has released a study of the new report named ‘Inequality Kills’ on January 17, 2022. Inequality Kills reports highlight COVID-19 pandemic has heightened economic inequalities across the world.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has led to the deaths of millions of people globally, but it has also exposed the weakness of public health systems and social and income protections for people worldwide.
- The report says that peoples’ life chances are directly connected to their access to wealth and healthcare, their positions of power in society, their racial and caste identities, and their geographic locations.
Narendra Goenka assumes charge as new Chairman of AEPC
Narendra Kumar Goenka has assumed the charge as the new chairman of the Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC) with effect from January 17, 2022.
- He has replaced Dr A Sakthivel.
- Goenka is founder and Managing Director of one of the largest apparel manufacturer-exporters in India – Texport Industries.
List of Winners of Best FIFA Football Awards 2021
On 17th January 2022, The Best FIFA Football Awards 2021 ceremony was held in Zurich to honour players for excellent achievement in football.
- Spain midfielder Alexia Putellas and Poland/Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski have won the Best FIFA Players in women’s and men’s football respectively.
- Apart from this, Lewandowski has been honoured with the Best FIFA Men’s Player Award for the second straight year, prior to this, he received the first Best FIFA Men’s Player Award in 2020.
List of Winners of Best FIFA Football Awards 2021
|S.N.||Award Name||Winner Name|
|1.||Best FIFA Men’s Player||Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich, Poland)|
|2.||Best FIFA Women’s Player||Alexia Putellas (Barcelona, Spain)|
|3.||Best FIFA Men’s Goalkeeper||Édouard Mendy (Chelsea, Senegal)|
|4.||Best FIFA Women’s Goalkeeper||Christiane Endler (Paris Saint-Germain and Lyon, Chile)|
|5.||Best FIFA Men’s Coach||Thomas Tuchel (Chelsea, Germany)|
|6.||Best FIFA Women’s Coach||Emma Hayes (Chelsea, England)|
|7||FIFA Fair Play Award||Denmark national football team and medical staff|
Cartoonist Narayan Debnath dies at 97 in Kolkata
Celebrated cartoonist Narayan Debnath has passed away at the age of 97. he was suffering from a prolonged illness.
- Narayan Debnath was the creator of renowned Bengali comic characters ‘Bantul The Great’, ‘Handa Bhonda’ and ‘Nonte Phonte’.
- In 2021, Narayan Debnath was awarded with the fourth-highest civilian award in India Padma Shri.
Daily Current Affairs 19 January 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @ PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.