Today Top Current Affairs 19 February 2021
Daily Current Affairs 19 February 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 19 February 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Hyundai unveils Ultimate Mobility Vehicle TIGER X-1
Hyundai Motor has unveiled a Transformer-like robocar called TIGER X-1. the Hyundai made a partnership with Autodesk and Sundberg-Ferar to develop TIGER X-1
- it is able to travel over the most challenging terrains on the Earth and it can also be used for travel on other planets.
- The full form of TIGER is Transforming Intelligent Ground Excursion Robot.
- The vehicle will play an important role in searching and rescuing, scientific research, military, or exploratory missions (even on new planets).
Oxford Economics predicts GDP of India to 10.2% for 2021
On 17th February 2021, Oxford Economics has forecasted the Indian GDP from 8.8% to 10.2% in FY2021.
About Oxford Economics –
headquarters – Oxford, United Kingdom
Georgia’s Prime Minister Giorgi Gakharia resigns
The Prime Minister of Georgia County Mr Giorgi Gakharia has decided to resign from the post.
- He served as the Business Ombudsman of Georgia in 2016. later, he also served as the Secretary of Economic Council between December 2014 and September 2016.
- Apart from this, he served as the Prime Minister from 8 September 2019 to 18 February 2021.
Vivo gets title sponsor for Indian Premier League 2021 Season
On 18th February 2021, The Chinese mobile VIVO has come back as the title sponsor of IPL 2021 league, said by Indian Premier League Governing Council chairman Brijesh Patel.
- Prior to this, VIVO got the IPL 2018 title sponsorship and signed a deal for Rs 2,199 crore in a five-year deal.
- in 2021, Dream 11 got IPL title sponsorship.
Former Union Minister Satish Sharma died at 73
In Goa, The Congress leader and former Union Minister Captain Satish Sharma have taken his last breath at the age of 73. he was suffering from a brief illness (Cancer).
- Satish Sharma served as the Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas between 1993 and 1996 during the Narasimha Rao government.
- he was also a close aide of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.