Today Top Current Affairs 18 February 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
Centre approves New India Literacy Programme for Education of adults
The Govt of India has approved a new scheme named “New India Literacy Programme (नव भारत साक्षरता कार्यक्रम) which will be implemented for the 2022-27 financial year covering all aspects of Adult Education to align with National Education Policy 2020 and Budget Announcements 2021-22.
- The mian purpose of the “New India Literacy Programme (नव भारत साक्षरता कार्यक्रम) is to impart not only foundational literacy and numeracy but also to cover other components which are necessary for a citizen of 21st century such as critical life skills.
About the New India Literacy Programme
- The scheme will cover non-literates of the age of 15 years and above in all state/UTs in the country.
- The target for Foundational Literacy and Numeracy for FYs 2022-27 is 5 (five) crore learners 1 (One) crore per year by using “Online Teaching, Learning and Assessment System (OTLAS)” in collaboration with National Informatics Centre, NCERT and NIOS.
- The estimated total outlay of “New India Literacy Programme” is Rs.1037.90 crore including Central share of Rs.700 crore and State share of Rs.337.90 crore respectively for the FYs 2022 -27.
TERI’s World Sustainable Development Summit 2022
Indian Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has delivered the inaugural address at The Energy and Resources Institute’s (TERI) World Sustainable Development Summit 2022 on 16th February 2022 via a video message.
- Three Days World Sustainable Development Summit 2022 was held between 16th February 2022 and 18th February 2022.
- The Summit focused a wide range of issues such as climate change, sustainable production, energy transitions, global commons and resource security.
- The theme for World Sustainable Development Summit 2022 is ‘Towards a Resilient Planet: Ensuring a Sustainable and Equitable Future’.
US-Bangladesh will conduct joint air exercise named ‘Cope South 22’
Bangladesh air force will join the joint tactical airlift exercise named ‘Cope South 22’ with the air force of United States. ‘Cope South 22’ exercise will be conducted for six days and will be sponsored by Pacific Air Forces (PACAF).
- The bilateral exercise ‘Cope South 22’ will be held at Bangladesh Air Force (BAF) Kurmitola Cantonment, Dhaka and Operating Location-Alpha, Sylhet, Bangladesh.
- It aims to improve interoperability with the Bangladesh Air Force and supporting the armed forces of Bangladesh’s long-term modernisation efforts in order to maintain regional stability.
NPCI International to deploy UPI solution in Nepal
NPCI International Payments Limited (NIPL) has joined hands with Gateway Payments Service Pvt Ltd, authorized Payment System Operators in Nepal, and Manam Infotech Private Limited to deploy Unified Payments Interface (UPI) in Nepal on 17th February 2022.
- NPCI International Payments Ltd (NIPL) will enable NPCI’s flagship Unified Payments Interface(UPI) platform in Nepal and enable creation of real-time payments system in Nepal, leveraging NPCI’s best in class technology to democratize payments and displace cash.
- It aims to bolster interoperable real-time Person to person (P2P) and Merchant payment transactions (P2M) in Nepal.
- With this, Nepal will become the 1st country outside of India that will adopt UPI as the payments platform driving the digitalization of cash transactions.
Twitter Joins Paytm to boost its ‘Tips’ feature in India
Twitter has made partnership with Paytm’s payment gateway in order to improve the support for its ‘Tips’ feature in India.
- Twitter users will receive the payments facility of Paytm, including its Paytm digital wallet, Paytm Postpaid (buy-now-pay-later service), debit and credit cards, and net banking.
Tips feature of Twitter
- Users will be able to send payments to their favourite content creators on Twitter using the Tips feature.
- Tips Feature is available since November to all Twitter users above 18 years of age in India and is available in Indian languages including Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi and Tamil.
Edelweiss Asset Management launches mobile app eInvest for investors
Edelweiss Asset Management launched eInvest- a mutual fund mobile app. the app will be for investors for a smooth investing experience.
- eInvest- a mutual fund mobile app is an easy-to-use app.
- It aims to help investors perform all financial transactions on the go.
eInvest app Features
- Use Insta Money – A mutual fund savings account with an instant withdrawal facility to the registered bank account.
- track transaction status
- Users can make a purchase transaction in any fund, redeem.
- Analyze fund information
- Update Personal details and assign a nominee
- Access Insights, Book Summaries, and Podcasts
Haryana Men’s & Kerala Women’s Team won Senior National Volleyball Championship
Haryana team has won the Men’s title in Senior National Volleyball Championship 2021-22 and defeated the Indian Railway 3-0. in the women’s category, the Kerala team defeated the Indian Railway 3-1, and has claimed the trophy.
- The 70th Senior National Volleyball (Men & Women) Championship 2021-22 was conducted at the Biju Patnaik Indoor Stadium, KIIT Deemed to be University, Bhubaneswar.
- The 70th Senior National Volleyball (Men & Women) Championship 2021-22 was held between 07 February and 13th February 2022.
Chelsea wins 2021 FIFA Club World Cup Champions, beats Palmeiras
English club, Chelsea has won the 2021 FIFA Club World Cup final. in the final, Chelsea defeated Brazilian club Palmeiras, 2-1. Chelsea claimed the FIFA Club World Cup for the first time.
- The final match between Chelsea and Brazilian club Palmeiras was held at Mohammed bin Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi.
- Chelsea has become the 3rd English team that has won the Club World Cup. prior to this after Manchester United and Liverpool won the Club World Cup.
- Chelsea has taken over major trophies the club in 2003: Champions League, Europa League, Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup and Community Shield.
Noted Kannada writer and poet Chennaveera Kanavi died at 94
Kannada writer and poet Dr Chennaveera Kanavi has passed away at the age of 94 due to age-related illnesses on 16th February 2022 at a private hospital in Dharwad.
- Kanavi was also known as ‘Samanvaya Kavi’ (Poet of Reconciliation).
- He was born in Hombal, Gadag district, on 28 June, 1928.
- Kanavi was hoonured with the Sahitya Akademi award for his poetry book Jeevadhwani.
- He had also received several awards such as the Rajyotsava Award, Nrupathunga award, Pampa Award and the Sahitya Bangara Award.
Daily Current Affairs 18th February 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.