Today Top Current Affairs 16 February 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
Indian Army conducted 1st Hackathon Sainya Ranakshetram
The Indian Army conducts a first-of-its-kind Hackathon named “Sainya Ranakshetram” between 1st October 2021 and 31st December 2021. The Sainya Ranakshetram is a showcase the technological side of the Army and promote proficiency and expertise in the use of emerging technologies.
- The Military College of Telecommunication Engineering (MCTE), Mhow, in Madhya Pradesh conducted the event in online mode with the help of the Rashtriya Raksha University, Gandhinagar, under the overall guidance of the Shimla based Army Training Command (ARTRAC).
Ministry of Tribal Affairs sanctioned Rs. 2.26 Crores for Telangana’s Medaram Jatara Festival 2022
The Ministry of Tribal Affairs has allocated an amount of 2.26 Crores for various activities pertaining to Medaram Jathara 2022. the Medaram Jathara 2022 will be celebrated between 16th February and 19th February 2022.
- The allocated amount includes promotion of Medaram, Tribal Culture and Heritage, inclusive of the execution of the protection wall to the Sanctum of Chilakalagutta and Murals on the walls and so on.
- Prior to this, Govt has sanctioned ₹ 7.00 Cr in 2019-20 and ₹ 5.00 Cr in 2021-22.
Israel as a first-ever country that allows drones in civilian airspace
Israel has become the first-ever country in the world that has allowed drone flights in civilian airspace. the Israeli Civil Aviation Authority issued the certification to the Hermes Starliner unmanned system.
- The Hermes Starliner unmanned system was manufactured and developed by Elbit Systems. Elbit Systems is an Israeli defence electronics company.
- The country will use drones for agriculture, the environment, public welfare, economic activity and against crime.
IAS Officer Vineet Joshi takes over Chairman of CBSE
Additional Secretary in the Ministry of Education Vineet Joshi was appointed as the new chairman of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on 14th February 2022.
- Vineet Joshi will replace Manoj Ahuja as the chairperson who is appointed as the OSD in the Department of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
- Joshi was an IAS officer in the 1992 Manipur batch.
- Joshi is also the Director-General (DG) of the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- He has served as the CBSE Chairman.
- Joshi has also served as the private secretary in 1999 under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
Dabur as first Indian plastic waste neutral FMCG company
India’s largest Ayurveda company Dabur India become the first Indian consumer goods company to become completely plastic waste neutral. Dabur India has collected, processing and recycled around 27,000 metric tonnes of post-consumer plastic waste during FY21-22.
- Dabur achieved the landmark of surpassing its plastic packaging usage with recycling in the country and has become the first Indian consumer goods company.
Paisabazaar partners with RBL bank to offer credit card
Paisabazaar.com has partnered with RBL Bank to offer a credit card ‘Paisa on Demand’ (PoD). Paisa on Demand (PoD) credit cards will be exclusively available on the Paisabazaar.
- The credit card will be available for a lifetime free along with a digital onboarding process.
- With the help of a credit card, customers will be able to get options of personal loans from RBL Bank, using the same credit limit at normal personal loan rates.
- RBL Bank aims to build products that offer integrated services for the large under-served segments in India in the collaboration of Paisabazaar.com.
ICICI Bank’s Sandeep Bakhshi as Business Standard Banker of the Year
The managing director (MD) and chief executive officer (CEO) of ICICI Bank Mr Sandeep Bakhshi has been named as the Business Standard Banker of the Year 2020-21.
- Sandeep Bakhshi assumed the charge in October 2018 and has played an important role in turning around the private sector lender and changing the perception.
- a high-profile jury of five members took this unanimous decision and jury was headed by the former Reserve Bank of India deputy governor S S Mundra.
LEED Certified Green Buildings 2021: India at 3rd globally
As Per US Green Building Council, India has been placed at 3rd position in the world for LEED-certified green buildings in 2021 in the US Green Building Council (USGBC) annual list.
- China and Canada have been placed in the first two positions.
- LEED stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design and it is the most widely used green building rating system in the world.
- It provides a framework for healthy, highly efficient, and cost-saving green buildings.
Daily Current Affairs 16th February 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.