Today Top Current Affairs 17 September 2022 – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs 17.9.2022 events which will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
Bihar CM inaugurated India’s longest rubber dam on Falgu River
Bihar Chief Minister Shri Nitish Kumar has inaugurated India’s longest rubber dam ‘Gayaji Dam’ on the Falgu River in Gaya. Gayaji Dam costs Rs 324 crore to be built. two feet of water will be available in the Falgu River near Vishnupad Ghat for the devotees who come here to do Pind Daan.
- The rubber dam on the Falgu River is a vast stretch of sand dunes.
- It will provide an uninterrupted water supply to Vishnupad Temple in Gaya throughout the year.
- the dam is 411 meters long, 95.5 meters wide and 3 meters high.
- The banks along the Falgu River were also developed and a steel bridge was also built for pilgrims to visit Sita Kund.
- The dam will ensure water storage in the river throughout the year.
Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh Unveils DST Dashboard
Dr Jitendra Singh launched Dashboard of Department of Science & Technology (DST) for monitoring and feedback to ensure effective implementation of projects, schemes, scholarships and fellowships funded by DST.
- The details of each of the schemes and programmes can be accessed on a real time basis and remedial measures through the Dashboard.
- DST Dashboard is a good beginning and efforts will be made in future for a Common Dashboard for all Science Ministries and Departments.
- It will have over Rs 20,000 crore were disbursed by DST to 2,768 Agencies in 35 States/UTs and every single minute detail.
New mobile banking virus SOVA prowling in Indian cyberspace
The country’s federal cyber security agency said A new mobile banking ‘Trojan’ virus — SOVA is hard to uninstall and is targeting Indian customers. ‘Trojan’ virus — SOVA can stealthily encrypt an Android phone for ransom. A new type of mobile banking malware campaign using SOVA Android Trojan has the ability to harvest user names and passwords via keylogging, stealing cookies and adding false overlays to a range of apps.
- The virus has upgraded to its 5th version.
- It was first detected in Indian cyberspace in July.
- The malware steals the credentials when users log into their net banking apps and access bank accounts.
- The new version of SOVA can also target more than 200 mobile applications, including banking apps and crypto exchanges/wallets.
INS Tarkash joined a Joint Maritime Exercise with Nigerian Navy
Indian Navy’s commitment to maritime security, INS Tarkash joined a Joint Maritime Exercise with Nigerian Navy Patrol Ships NNS Kano, Osun, Sokoto and Nguru from 12 September to 13 September 2022.
- The exercise aims to provide an opportunity for reinforcing inter-operability between the Indian and Nigerian navies in various facets of maritime operations like Anti-Piracy operations, Assistance to vessels in distress, SAR drills as also anti-air and anti-surface operations.
- The exercise is to enhance skills for maritime interdiction and counter-piracy operations.
India stands fourth in Global Crypto Adoption Index 2022
As per the Chainalysis 2022 Global Crypto Adoption report, Vietnam is ranked first in cryptocurrency adoption with an overall index ranking of 1.000 for the second consecutive year and India has been ranked 4th with an index score of 0.663. China has been in the top ten of the Chainalysis index this year after placing 13th in 2021.
- Out of the top 20 ranked countries, 10 are lower-middle income: Vietnam, Philippines, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Nigeria, Morocco, Nepal, Kenya, and Indonesia. Eight are upper-middle income: Brazil, Thailand, Russia, China, Turkey, Argentina, Colombia, and Ecuador.”
******** END ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.