Bihar CM inaugurated India’s longest rubber dam on Falgu River – Bihar Chief Minister Shri Nitish Kumar has inaugurated India’s longest rubber dam ‘Gayaji Dam’ on the Falgu River in Gaya. Gayaji Dam costs Rs 324 crore to be built. two feet of water will be available in the Falgu River near Vishnupad Ghat for the devotees who come here to do Pind Daan.
- The rubber dam on the Falgu River is a vast stretch of sand dunes.
- It will provide an uninterrupted water supply to Vishnupad Temple in Gaya throughout the year.
- the dam is 411 meters long, 95.5 meters wide and 3 meters high.
- The banks along the Falgu River were also developed and a steel bridge was also built for pilgrims to visit Sita Kund.
- The dam will ensure water storage in the river throughout the year.
- It will also help the pilgrims who visit the place for Pind Daan (ritual to offer homage to departed souls).
******** End ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|