Current Affairs 17th December 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
Govt laid the foundation stone for Maa Umiya Dham Development Project in Gujarat
In Gujarat, Amit Shah has laid the foundation stone of Umiya Mata Dham temple and temple premises under Maa Umiya Dham Development Project at Umiya Campus in Sola in Ahmedabad.
- Maa Umiya Dham Development Project will have at a cost of Rs 1,500 crore for 74,000 square yards of land development.
- On this occasion, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has virtually attended and addressed the foundation stone laying of the project and said this project is as an example of the notion of ‘SabkaPrayas’ (Efforts of everyone).
7th edition of India International Science festival begins in Panaji
Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science & Technology, Dr Jitendra Singh has started off the 7th India International Science Festival at Panaji, Goa.
- The main purpose of the India International Science Festival is to bring into use the innovations by the people and develop technology that is affordable to the masses.
- The festival will be celebrated for four days and it will have the theme ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ – “Celebrating Creativity, Science, Technology and Innovation for a prosperous India”.
Wholesale Inflation Rises To 14.23% In November, Highest In 16 Years
Wholesale price-based (WPI) inflation has increased to 14.23 per cent in November as against 12.54 per cent in October. WPI inflation has been in double digits for 8 consecutive months from April 2021 which is the highest since April 2005.
- In October 2021, Wholesale price-based (WPI) inflation was 12.54 per cent.
- An increase in Wholesale price-based (WPI) inflation was caused by rise in prices of mineral oils, basic metals, crude petroleum, natural gas, chemicals products and food.
|Month||Wholesale Inflation Rate (%)|
UNESCO recognises Kolkata’s Durga Puja as Intangible Cultural Heritage
UNESCO has recognized Durga Puja in Kolkata to its 2021 list of Intangible Cultural Heritage and has given international recognition to the biggest religious festival of the 331-year-old city and the state of West Bengal.
- Durga Puja festival is observed every year in September or October, most notably in Kolkata, in West Bengal of India.
- It is characterized by traditional Bengali drumming and veneration of the Goddess.
US fashion brand ‘Patagonia’ chooses Khadi denim for its apparels
Patagonia, a fashion brand has selected Khadi Denim for its apparel. in this regard, Patagonia has purchased nearly 30,000 meters of Khadi Denim Fabric worth ₹1.08 crore from Gujarat.
- This purchase also creates additional 1.80 lakh man hours, i.e. 27,720 man days of work for Khadi artisans.
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) signed an agreement with Arvind mills Limited, Ahmadabad to trade Khadi Denim products around the world in 2017.
- Arvind Mills has purchased a large quantity of Khadi Denim fabric every year from KVIC-certified Khadi institutions of Gujarat.
Uttarakhand’s Askot Wildlife Sanctuary declared Eco-Sensitive Zone
Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC) has declared an area of 454.65 square kilometres around the boundary of Askot Wildlife Sanctuary (also known as Musk Deer Park)as the Askot Wildlife Sanctuary Eco-sensitive Zone (ESZ).
- Askot Wildlife Sanctuary is located in Pithoragarh district of Uttarakhand.
- The Askot Wildlife Sanctuary was founded to protect the endangered flagship species Musk Deer and its habitat.
Odisha launches “Mission Shakti Living Lab” with UNCDF
Odisha has made a partnership with the United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) for launching “Mission Shakti Living Lab” for the financial empowerment of women.
- “Mission Shakti Living Lab” will play a role in empowering women economically and driving gender equality.
- It will also help in increasing the income and financial well-being of women, self-help groups (SHGs) and households through the factors of planning, saving, borrow or spending better.
About United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF)
- Founded: 1966;
- Headquarters: New York, United States;
- Executive Secretary: Preeti Sinha.
Paytm launches EdTech Platform “Paytm Wealth Academy”
Paytm announces to launch EdTech Platform named “Paytm Wealth Academy” on the Paytm Money app. “Paytm Wealth Academy” app is owned by Paytm’s wholly-owned subsidiary Paytm Money.
- In the starting, Paytm Wealth Academy will be available to select users, then, will be rolled out for all.
Paytm Wealth Academy
- Paytm Wealth Academy is an educational platform that has been designed to make financial learning intuitive and self-driven.
- It will enable users to learn trading and financial concepts at their own pace at their level of comfort.
- It will provide a wide catalogue of courses and webinars along with personalized recommendations for users.
- With the help of it, Users will be provided highly customizable courses and they can start their learning journey from any stage.
Olympics India inducts 148 athletes in first list of TOPS athletes for 2024 Games
India has inducted 148 athletes in the Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS) list ahead of the 2024 Olympics. in which, 20 athletes are newly added. the Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS) was begun in 2014, aiming to provide assistance to India’s top athletes.
- The list includes athletes related to Cycling, Sailing, Shooting, Swimming, Table Tennis, Weightlifting and Wrestling as well as Para Sports (Archery, Athletics, Badminton, Shooting, Swimming, Table Tennis).
- Archery, Athletics, Badminton, Boxing, Equestrian, Fencing, Golf, Gymnastics, Judo, Rowing and Tennis athletes list will be announced soon.
British-Indian Leena Nair as the new global CEO of Chanel
French fashion house Chanel has appointed Leena Nair as its new global CEO. Leena Nair is an executive from Unilever and has spent 30 years as the chief of human resources and a member of the executive committee.
Who is Leena Nair
- Leena Nair was born in India and joined Unilever’s Indian subsidiary HUL in 1992 as a trainee on the factory floor.
- She was the 1st woman and youngest-ever Chief Human Resources Officer at the Anglo-Dutch multinational Unilever.
- She has served as a non-executive director of the British government’s business, energy and industrial strategy department.
‘Pride, Prejudice and Punditry’ book by Dr Shashi Tharoor
‘Pride, Prejudice and Punditry’ book has been launched in Hyderabad, Telangana. the book has been written by Shashi Tharoor, a former union minister and Lok Sabha Member of Parliament. this is his 23rd book and includes ten sections that are devoted to a particular topic such as modern Indian history, Indian Politics, etc.
- Dr Shashi Tharoor has received the ‘Sahitya Akademi Award’ for his book – ‘An Era of Darkness in 2019.
Ravinder Bhakar assumes charge of NFDC, Films Division and CFSI
The CEO of the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) Ravinder Bhakar has assumed the post of National Film Development Corporation (NFDC), Films Division, and Children Films Society of India (CFSI)
About Ravinder Bhakar
- Bhakar is a 1999-batch officer of Indian Railway Stores Service (IRSS). he has been given these charges in addition to his present duties as CEO of the film certification body.
Axis Bank partners with Swift to offer a digital banking solution
Axis Bank has partnered with Swift in order to provide a comprehensive digital solution to clients. along with it, the bank has integrated with different digitization initiatives launched by government bodies and service providers to extend an end-to-end service to business clients.
- B2B (business-to-business) digitization efforts by the Axis Bank are supported by Swift and will act as an intermediary between banks and sets standards.
Daily Current Affairs 17th December 2021: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @ PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.