Today Top Current Affairs 17 & 18 January 2021
Daily Current Affairs 17 & 18 January 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 17 & 18 January 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our daily current affairs.
Petroleum Ministry begins SAKSHAM campaign
The Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry has begun an awareness campaign named ‘SAKSHAM’. SAKSHAM campaign will help in spreading awareness about green and clean energy. the SAKSHAM campaign will run for a month in the country.
- The Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA) has prepared this campaign in order to make consumers motivated so that they could switch to cleaner fuels and could make behavioural change.
SAKSHAM Full Form
- Sanrakshan Kshamata Mahotsav.
SAKSHAM campaign 7 key drivers
PM Modi also said 7 key drivers will help in increasing awareness and will also play a role in cleaner energy. the keys are:
- moving towards a gas-based economy,
- cleaner use of fossil fuels,
- greater reliance on domestic sources to drive bio-fuels,
- achieving renewable targets with the set deadlines,
- increased use of electric vehicles to decarbonize mobility,
- increased use of cleaner fuels like Hydrogen, and
- digital innovation across all energy systems.
PM Modi begins Startup India Seed Fund
On 16th January 2021, PM Modi has made an announcement of staring Rs 1,000-crore ‘Startup India Seed Fund’. the Startup India Seed Fund will help in contributing startups and will also help aspiring entrepreneurs pursue innovative ideas.
- PM Modi shared this information among the public during ‘Prarambh: Startup India International Summit’ 2021.
- Along with it, the new initiative will play a role in establishing new startups and increase their growth.
No chief guest on Republic Day 2021 Due to Corona
As per the information provided by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), The Republic Day 2021 will have no foreign Chief Guest on 26th January 2021. the MEA said the govt has taken this step due to global COVID-19 situation.
- In the last 50 years, this will happen for the first time when no chief guest will attend the Republic Day 2021 Event.
- Prior to this, India invited UK PM Boris Johnson as the chief guest on Republic Day event 2021.
- however, he will not come to India due to increasing new cases of a new strain of the novel coronavirus in the UK.
HDFC Bank Q3 Results: Net Profit increased by 18%
On 16th January 2021, HDFC Bank has released its report on Net profit. as per the report, The net profit ₹ 8758.3 crores which lead an 18.1% increase in October-December quarter. now, HDFC Bank’s total income has reached from ₹ 36,039 crores (Last year) to ₹ 37,522 crores (October-December quarter).
As per the Bank, the gross non-performing assets (NPA) ratio is at 0.81% of the total. in the last year, it was 1.42 per cent and later, it was calculated 1.08 per cent in the September quarter.
Nitin Gadkari laid Foundation for Highway Projects In Karnataka state
On 15th January 2021, Shri Nitin Gadkari Ji has laid a foundation stone in Karnataka. Karnataka will receive two national highway projects soon and these projects will have an outlay of ₹ 323 crores.
- As per projects, the corridor will be built at Rani Chennamma Circle in Hubballi city and also, a four-lane road and minor bridge are to be constructed near Dastikoppa Kalaghatgi Tq on National Highways 63.
- During this occasion, the CM of Karnataka Shri BS Yediyurappa, Pralhad Joshi, Sadanand Gowda were present.
- Elevated corridor will be constructed at Rani Chennamma Circle and citizens will also get four-lane of NH Road near Dastikoppa village.
- such projects will help in decreasing travel time from the railway junction to the airport.
Q.1 Where can I read daily current affairs?
you can study/read it from PrepareExams. We update daily current affairs day wise and monthly wise.
Q.2 How can I study current affairs for competitive exams 2021?
You can follow our PrepareExams website and bookmark our page. as well as, you can also make some notes of all the important issues at national and international level.
Q.3 What is the best way to prepare current affairs 2021?
1st way: you need to read daily current affairs and also should attend quiz daily to remember.
2nd way: read weekly and monthly current affairs regularly for revising.