Today Top Current Affairs 15 October 2021
Daily Current Affairs 15 October 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
Rewarding Scheme for Grant of Award to the Good Samaritan
The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) started off a “Rewarding Scheme for Grant of Award to the Good Samaritan”. The scheme will be the Good Samaritan who will save the life of a victim of a fatal accident involving a motor vehicle by administering immediate assistance and rushing to the Hospital/Trauma Care Centre.
- The main purpose of the scheme is to make people motivate to help the road accident victims in emergency situation.
- The Good Samaritan will be awarded a cash award of Rs. 5,000 per incident, and can take advantage of it a maximum 5 times in a year.
- The Scheme has come into effect from October 15th, 2021.
India’s first ‘One Health’ consortium in post-COVID times launched
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) has launched India’s first mega consortium on ‘One Health’, in post-COVID times. the main objective of this is to encourage collaborations in research and sharing of knowledge at multiple levels across various disciplines like human health, animal health, plants, soil, environmental, and ecosystem health.
- It has the concept of ‘One Health’ where man, animal, plants and environment are needed to be considered complimentary to each other for maintaining health of all.
- IVRI- Bareily,
- GADVASU- Ludhiana,
- TANUVAS- Chennai,
- MAFSU- Nagpur,
- Assam agricultural and veterinary university,
- many more ICAR,
- ICMR centres
- wild life agencies
India’s first smartphone-based eVoting solution developed by Telangana
In the view of the Covid-19 pandemic, Telangana has developed the country’s first smartphone-based eVoting solution. The dummy election will be conducted from October 8-18 and the dummy voting will be held on October 20 to test The solution.
- It was developed by Telangana State Election Commission (TSEC) in the collaboration with Wing of the IT Department of the State and the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC).
PNB launches ‘6S Campaign’ under customer outreach programme
Punjab National Bank (PNB) has commenced a new Campaign named ‘6S Campaign’ under the customer outreach program. The main purpose of the ‘6S Campaign’ is to offer financial services to its customers at a concessional rate during the festival season.
The ‘6S Campaign’ includes different schemes –
- Sampark and Shikhar,
- Sankalp and Swagat.
“Ex Yudh Abhyas 2021” to be organised in Alaska (USA) from October 15 to 29
The 17th edition of the Joint Military Training Exercise “Ex Yudh Abhyas 2021” will be conducted between the Indian Army and the United States Army. the Ex Yudh Abhyas 2021 will start from 15th October 2021 (Friday) and will end on 29th October 2021.
- The Exercise has been scheduled to take place at Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson, Alaska in the USA.
- The aim of the exercise is to enhance understanding, cooperation and inter-operability between the two Armies.
Ritesh Chauhan appointed as CEO of PM Fasal Bima Yojana
Senior bureaucrat Ritesh Chauhan is appointed as the new chief executive officer (CEO) of the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) and Joint Secretary, Agriculture under the Department of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare.
- Chauhan will served a s the CEO up to September 22, 2023.
- He will replace Ashish Kumar Bhutani
- Ritesh Chauhan is a 2005-batch IAS officer of the Himachal Pradesh cadre.
International Day of Rural Women 2021
Every year, the International Day of Rural Wome is celebrated on October 15 across the world. it aims to recognize the important role of women and girls in ensuring the sustainability of rural households and communities, improving rural livelihoods and overall well-being.
- The United Nations General Assembly designated this day on December 18, 2007, in its resolution 62/136.
- This year, the theme of International Day of Rural Women 2021 is “Rural women cultivating good food for all”.
World Students Day 2021
Every year, World Students’ Day is observed on October 15. this day marks the birth anniversary of former President A. P. J. Abdul Kalam. in 2021, marks the 90th birth anniversary of the former president Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam (also known as ‘Missile Man’).
- In 2010, the United Nations Organisation designated the day of October 15th as World Students’ Day to honor the efforts of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.
- In 2010, the United Nations Organisation (UNO) designated 15th October as World Student’s Day to recognize acknowledge the efforts of Dr. Kalam toward education and his students.
Global Handwashing Day 2021
Every year, Global Handwashing Day 2021 is observed on October 15 in the world. the main purpose of this day is to spread awareness about the importance of hygiene.
- Global Handwashing Day (GHD) is known as an international handwashing promotion campaign that aims to motivate and mobilize people around the world in order to improve their handwashing habits.
- The theme 2021 for Global Handwashing Day is “Our Future is at Hand – Let’s Move Forward Together.”
*** Follow Us on Social Accounts for Updates***
|Job Alert on Email|
|Download Prepare Exams Android App|
|Join Prepare Exams on Facebook|
|Join Prepare Exams on Twitter|
|Join Prepare Exams Jobs on Telegram|
|Join Prepare Exams on Youtube|