Today Top Current Affairs 15 January 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
18th edition of Kachai Lemon Festival held in Manipur
In Manipur, The 18th edition of the Kachai Lemon Festival has been started at the Local Ground of Kachai Village in the Ukhrul district. the two days long Kachai Lemon Festival will promote the unique kind of lemon fruit and encourage lemon farmers and will be held on January 13 and 14, 2022.
- In 2022, 260 stalls have been installed to showcase the rich reap of lemon.
- The Theme of the 18th edition of the Kachai Lemon Festival is ‘Organic Kachai Lemon for Safe Environment and Rural Transformation’.
Philippines approves purchase of BrahMos cruise missiles with India for its navy
the Philippines has announced to acquire BrahMos Aerospace Pvt Ltd’s to supply Shore-Based Anti-Ship Missile System Acquisition Project for its navy. The Philippines will purchase BrahMos cruise missiles with India worth $374,9 million.
- This deal will provide a big boost to India’s defence manufacturing system.
India’s BrahMos cruise missiles
- Indian Navy and Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) test-fired BrahMos Supersonic Cruise missile from INS Visakhapatnam on 11th January 2022.
Forex Crisis in Sri Lanka: India grants financial assistance of over $900 million
India has decided to provide a $900 million loan to Sri Lanka amid a shortage of almost all essential commodities. a $900 million loan amount will help in building up its depleted foreign reserves and for food imports.
- At present, Sri Lanka is facing a shortage of almost all essentials due to a shortage of dollars to pay for the imports.
- The country is not able to obtain fuel to run turbines and imposing power cuts at peak hours and The only refinery was shut due to not paying dollars for crude imports.
LazyPay partners with SBM Bank India to launch LazyCard
LazyPay has partnered with SBM Bank India to launch LazyCard. LazyCard is a prepaid payment instrument backed by a credit line that works on the Visa payment network.
- The partnership will help in empowering financially underserved users with easy access to credit.
- LazyCard will offer a credit limit of up to Rs. 5 lakh.
- It will be availed at zero joining fee and zero annual fees.
Global Private Banking Awards 2021: HDFC Bank as Best Private Bank in India
Private Bank HDFC Bank has been named as the ‘Best Private Bank’ in India at the ‘Global Private Banking Awards 2021’ in a virtual ceremony.
- the ceremony was conducted by Professional Wealth Management (PWM).
- Global Private Banking Awards 2021 is presented for contributing to accelerating key trends, including digitalisation, communication and investment in environmental, social and governance (ESG) strategies.
Indifi partners Google Pay to offer instant digital credit to SMEs
Google Pay has partnered with Indifi Technologies in order to offer instant loans to medium, small and micro enterprises (MSMEs) as the second-largest player in Unified Payments Interface (UPI) transactions in India.
- The loans will be provided in the range of Rs 2.5 to Rs 3 lakh.
- Google Pay has gained a rise in its financial services play over the past year with a 35% share of monthly UPI volumes.
India will host 1st World Deaf T20 Cricket championship in 2023
The International Committee of Sports for the Deaf (ICSD) has approved the All India Sports Council of the Deaf (AISCD) to conduct the first World Deaf T20 Cricket Championship in 2023.
- The 11 Days long and 1st World Deaf T20 cricket championship will be conducted in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala between January 10th, 2022 to January 20th, 2023.
- Prior to this, the championship was to be conducted in 2020-2021 and was postponed due to a surge in Covid-19 Cases.
Olympic medalist sprinter Deon Lendore dies at 29 in a car crash
Deon Lendore has died at the age of 29 in a car crash in Texas, USA. he was a sprinter who won a bronze medal at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
- The Trinidad and Tobago sprinter Deon Lendore received a bronze medal in the 4 × 400 metres relay event at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London.
- Deon Lendore won a silver medal in the 4 × 400 metres relay event at the 2015 World Championships in Athletics in Beijing China.
Indian Army Day 2022
Every year, Indian Army Day is observed with tremendous zeal on January 15 in India. the day marks Field Marshal Kodandera Madappa Cariappa (K. M. Cariappa), who’d been the Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Army.
- On this day, a military parade and many other martial displays are held to mark this day at Delhi Cantonment’s Cariappa Parade Ground.
- In 2022, Indians will celebrate 74th Indian Army Day with almost the same pride, zeal and passion.
Armed Forces Veterans Day 2022
Every year, Armed Forces Veterans Day is observed on January 14th. it aims to honour the sacrifice of our veterans in serving the country. Armed Forces Veterans Day was called Armistice Day. in 2022, Indians will celebrate the 6th Armed Forces Veterans Day.
- Armed Forces Veterans Day marks the services served by Field Marshal KM Cariappa OBE who was India’s 1st Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Armed Forces.
- KM Cariappa was retired on January 14 in 1953.
Daily Current Affairs 15th January 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @ PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.