Current Affairs 15th December 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
Uttar Pradesh ranks the top position in Total Registered EVs
Indian Govt has said the Uttar Pradesh, Delhi and Karnataka have emerged as the top three states in terms of registration of electric vehicles across the country.
- In India, 870,141 electric vehicles have been registered.
- Uttar Pradesh has topped with 255,700 registered electric vehicles and followed by Delhi and Karnataka ranked 2nd and 3rd place with 125,347 and 72,544 registered electric vehicles.
- Indian govt has reduced the GST on electric vehicles to 5% from 12% and GST on chargers/ charging stations for electric vehicles have been reduced by the Govt of India to 5% from 18%.
Centre launches national helpline against atrocities on SCs/STs
Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Dr Virendra Kumar has launched a National Helpline Against Atrocities on SCs/STs (NHAA) on 12th December 2021.
- The main purpose of the National Helpline Against Atrocities is to raise awareness about the provisions of the Act that are aimed at ending discrimination and providing protection to all.
National Helpline against atrocities on SCs, STs
- The helpline is now available round the clock on the toll-free number “14566” and will be accessible in various regional languages of the State/UTs including Hindi, English.
- Anyone can access the helpline number by a voice call /VOIP either from a mobile or landline number.
Himachal Pradesh govt set up General Category Commission
The state govt of Himachal Pradesh has announced to establish a Commission for upper castes named ‘Samanya Varg Aayog’, on the lines of Madhya Pradesh.
- the ‘Samanya Varg Aayog’ Commission is to be formalised through a legislative enactment in three months’ time when the state assembly meets next in February-March 2021 for the budget session of the House.
- The state govt is already running a Scheduled Caste Commission in Himachal Pradesh and is being headed by former Shimla MP Virendra Kashyap.
About Himachal Pradesh
- Capital: Shimla (Summer), Dharamshala (Winter);
- Governor: Rajendra Arlekar;
- Chief Minister: Jai Ram Thakur.
Karnataka Govt & UNDP signed LoU as a part of ‘Code-Unnati’
The Karnataka Department of Youth Empowerment and Sports has signed a Letter of Understanding (LoU) with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) as part of the state-level initiative ‘Code-Unnati’.
- the ‘Code-Unnati’ initiative will help in improving access to entrepreneurship and employment opportunities among the youth, including women.
- The initiative will be implemented in 4 districts of Bengaluru Rural, Ramanagara, Dakshina Kannada, and Raichuru.
- Under this initiative, 50 colleges including Government Pre-University, ITIs, Polytechnics, and Arts and Science colleges are identified to work with the faculties and students community.
- they will come together for training and capacity building, training on the 21st century and digital skills, entrepreneurship development, innovation challenges/boot campus, corporate volunteering, and industry connect.
Madhya Pradesh organised first drone Mela at Gwalior
The state govt of Madhya Pradesh has conducted the first drone fair “Gwalior Drone Mela” in the country at Gwalior. the Ministry of Civil Aviation, the Government of India has organised Gwalior Drone Mela with the help of the Government of Madhya Pradesh, and the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI).
- With this, Madhya Pradesh becomes the 1st Indian state in advancing the use of drone technology on such a big scale.
- Five Drone Schools will be established in Gwalior, Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur and Satna in Madhya Pradesh.
About Madhya Pradesh
- Capital: Bhopal;
- Governor: Mangubhai C. Patel;
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
Indian-American policy advisor Gautam Raghavan elevated to key White House position
The President of US Joe Biden has elevated Indian-American political advisor Gautam Raghavan as the head of the White House Office of Presidential Personnel.
- In this regard, the White House Presidential Personnel Office (PPO) has appointed Gautam Raghavan and it is one of the offices most responsible for assessing candidates to work at or for the White House.
Who is Gautam Raghavan
- Raghavan was born in India and raised in Seattle and graduated from Stanford University.
- Raghavan is the editor of the book ‘West Wingers: Stories from the Dream Chasers, Change Makers, and Hope Creators Inside the Obama White House’.
- Raghavan has worked as deputy assistant to the President and deputy director and he also served as deputy head of Presidential Appointments.
Max Verstappen won the Abu Dhabi GP 2021 F-1 Drivers’ championship
Red Bull’s Max Verstappen has won his maiden F1 Drivers’ championship title and defeated Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes in the season-ending Abu Dhabi GP 2021.
Gothic novel author Anne Rice passes away at 80
Anne Rice has passed away at the age of 80 at a hospital in Rancho Mirage, Calif. she was the Gothic novelist best known for “Interview With the Vampire,” her first published novel.
Her other works:
- Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt,
- The Witching Hour etc.
Daily Current Affairs 15th December 2021: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @ PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.